Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Maldives or Conrad Maldives

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2010, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Sheraton Maldives or Conrad Maldives

Interesting we are seeing Starwood suing Hilton because I have a question about the two companies properties in the Maldives.

I would like to ask which members prefer between the Sheraton Full Moon resort and spa in the Maldives and the Conrad Maldives. They both look amazing.

It appears to me that you need a small business loan just to eat at the Conrad Maldives. Does the Full Moon Maldives have very expensive food also? Do they have anything like the Conrad's restaraunt? What about the quality of Private bunaglows and rooms facing the pool? Does this resort have some real romantic restaraunts like maybe a candlelit dinner on/near the beach?

Appreciate any comments from people who have stayed at both the Sheraton Full Moon and the Conrad Maldives and can compare them accurately. Thanks !
Old Jan 17, 2010, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Interesting we are seeing Starwood suing Hilton because I have a question about the two companies properties in the Maldives.

I would like to ask which members prefer between the Sheraton Full Moon resort and spa in the Maldives and the Conrad Maldives. They both look amazing.

It appears to me that you need a small business loan just to eat at the Conrad Maldives. Does the Full Moon Maldives have very expensive food also? Do they have anything like the Conrad's restaraunt? What about the quality of Private bunaglows and rooms facing the pool? Does this resort have some real romantic restaraunts like maybe a candlelit dinner on/near the beach?

Appreciate any comments from people who have stayed at both the Sheraton Full Moon and the Conrad Maldives and can compare them accurately. Thanks !
not that i've been to either of the properties...i think you are comparing CONRAD MALDIVES to the wrong SPG property there... I would compare it to the W MALDIVES...

Since there were no responses to your other thread from yesterday...here are some links, hope this helps:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...li-island.html
(looks like A LOT OF INFO on CONRAD MALDIVES)
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:02 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
I have written to my colleague at the Sheraton Full Moon for help on your enquiry.

Here are some of the answers you might find useful.

-Sheraton is not as expensive as Conrad – us being nearer to Male’ and all. However, the food in Maldives is generally more expensive than in other holiday destinations. A "rough"(added by me) guideline – Dinner buffet is at USD65+ per person.

- Yes, of course we do have real romantic restaraunts on/near the beach.
. Sand coast, Atoll grill and Anchorage are all on the beach. And yes, you can arrange for a romantic dinner on your own.

For other answers, do write to me with a regular email address so that I can forward you a brochure.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Sheraton is not as expensive as Conrad – us being nearer to Male’ and all. However, the food in Maldives is generally more expensive than in other holiday destinations. A "rough"(added by me) guideline – Dinner buffet is at USD65+ per person.
I remember thats roughly how much I paid for buffet dinner at the Conrad (just before the rebranding). If thats indicative of other meals, it looks like it is almost (or just) as expensive as the Conrad !
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Then what about the W Maldives if not the Full Moon

If I should compare the W to the Conrad, can someone then point me to comments about it or leave a post about the W Maldives as compared to the Conrad Maldives? Great to know the W is better than the Full Moon Maldives given that I have been to none of them yet.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Thre's a hyperlink to the W Maldives master thread in post #2.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:48 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Having been to all 3 - Sheraton, Conrad and W, I vote for the Conrad hands down. Sheraton isn't very luxorious. W is a great hotel but the layout of the rooms at the Conrad and the restaurants are much better (and priced about the same) at the Conrad too.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have never stayed at the w maldives but having stayed at the sheraton & conrad in maldives, i can safely say the conrad maldives is not only the best hilton property but also the best hotel i have ever been to in my life....you cannot compare it to the sheraton maldives....

both properties are expensive....food will cost more than pretty much every other place in the world....the conrad was much more expensive but then again the quality of the hotel makes up for it....

from male you have to pay around $420 roundtrip to get to the conrad & about $66 roundtrip to get to the sheraton....

the rooms are nice at both proprties....i really liked the overwater bugalows at the sheraton....but the deluxe water villas we stayed in at the conrad are out of this world....

if you have to money to spend then there is no other place like the conrad maldives....if not then the sheraton maldives is also great....
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:16 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Club Platinum, HHonors Gold VIP
you can also try the new Hilton Maldives! excellent and new place!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by saad
the rooms are nice at both proprties....i really liked the overwater bugalows at the sheraton....but the deluxe water villas we stayed in at the conrad are out of this world....
Not looking for ultimate luxury, but is the water clarity and scenery at the Sheraton on par with the Conrad ? The seaplane cost doesnt make the Conrad viable for a short weekend escape, would I be extremely disappointed with the Sheraton if I have stayed at the Conrad before ?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mario33
Not looking for ultimate luxury, but is the water clarity and scenery at the Sheraton on par with the Conrad ? The seaplane cost doesnt make the Conrad viable for a short weekend escape, would I be extremely disappointed with the Sheraton if I have stayed at the Conrad before ?
water clarity is very good at the sheraton....like i said before, you cannot compare the conrad with the sheraton....the conrad is in a different league....i stayed at the sheraton after staying at the conrad a year earlier, & i was certainly not disappointed....i was not expecting it to be an experience like the conrad....you can check out my trip report for the sheraton here....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...l#post12239383

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.