Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2010, 12:54 pm

Cheap and crap.

No personalization.

Doesn't even say Platinum anywhere on it.

Box is the nicest feature. Went straight in the trash.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by PTahCha
I received mine today as well. Thought they were decent, and perfect replacement for the ones ripped off by TSA on my last trip.

BTW, it is colored in silver/platinum, the same color as the platinum card.
Same-same. They should last a year or two, as did the last one SPG sent (2004?)

I'd rather have half-point redemption as a year-end gift, but, hey, thanks SPG!
Old Jan 3, 2010, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
I too was rather unimpressed with these luggage tags. I mean they are fine, but they are rather cheap and very impersonal. I also strangely got my KLM ones on the same day and was much more impressed by those.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platiamond SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond
SPG you can improve the program and save $$$

It's obvious that SPG can save a lot of money by removing the Suite-upgrades for platinums and replacing them with the occasional $0.99 bauble mailed-out to members.

who knew ?
Old Jan 3, 2010, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA, HH & Marriott
I got comped to SPG Gold this year from UA but didn't qualify for the tags. But seeing that they're just OK, I guess I don't feel too bad being excluded from receiving them.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
Got my tags today also. Have to admit, that sure is a nice luggage tag cable!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Got mine today as well...never look a gift horse in the mouth!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: SPG-PLT, DL-PLT, AA-GLD (1 MM)
I know the whole beggars can't be choosers thing, but man, these things are cheap. Nice luggage tag cable. Cheap, crappy, and non-personalized luggage tags.

The way Starwood referred to these as "limited-edition luggage tags" and said "Take these with you on all your upcoming travels — they'll help represent you as an important part of the Starwood Preferred Guest® family." lead me to expect something a little nicer (like the metal one they gave a couple of years ago). Also, the whole log in to register for them thing coupled with a short window to do so, made me feel like they were a little more exclusive/personalized than a generic lugagge tag that isn't personalized at all.

Hey, look I'll keep them - you can never have enough - but I was surely underwhelmed.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:59 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I love the metal wires!! And will used them on my airline luggage tags. As for the tag itself, it went right in the garbage.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by orsum
It's obvious that SPG can save a lot of money by removing the Suite-upgrades for platinums and replacing them with the occasional $0.99 bauble mailed-out to members.

who knew ?
Oh please!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Like most people, I couldn't care less. But they would have been better off just mailing these little trifles to us rather than sending an email first an leading us to expect something special.

Really couldn't care less but it is clearly part of the existing Starwood Platinum paradigm. Promise a lot.........
Old Jan 4, 2010, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I actually thought:

"They must've mailed the wrong ones."

Thanks anyway. I feel guilty for expecting more.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 5:44 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
The metal wire is the nicest part. I agree, if they want to make a fuss over something it should be a meaningful gift.

These should be handed out by the front desk agent gratis for staying more than 1 night.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I have to say, these are a total miss. They went on my dog's pet carrier. If it weren't for the cable, they'd be worse than the free ones from Lufthansa; those were personalized and I could upload a picture to them. Hold on...idea...use the cable from SPG on the Lufthansa tags...Thanks Starwood!

But it's a nice gesture and doesn't offend me as it does others here.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 7:07 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 1K, Avis PC
Got some sweet cables in the mail and some plastic brochures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.