Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

"Same day" lounge access on previous day but within 24 hours

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Same day" lounge access on previous day but within 24 hours

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Definately no and no.
But I thought that the pax has same day C ticket on UA, thus can have access to lounges....
Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by kb1992
But I thought that the pax has same day C ticket on UA, thus can have access to lounges....
Rule is: same day, same airport. sorry.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: *A GOLD, EL AL PLATINUM, ONEWORLD*SAPPHIRE, ACCOR CLUB PLATINUM, Human Race Platinum for life
Originally Posted by red star
Rule is: same day, same airport. sorry.
Same date = same calendar day, or 24 hours before departure?

In the former case, if my flight is departing right after midnight, I will not be able to access the lounge.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: *Alliance, OneWorld
I think the bottom line is that it is a matter of interpretation (usually by dragons, not lawyers). I have attempted previous-evening lounge visits many times in various *A and OW lounges around the world -- maybe 20 attempts or so in the past few years.

In my case, the success ratio has been pretty good as long as I have a boarding pass and/or appropriate status card. I'd say 50% of the time I'm admitted without question, another 10-20% of the time with some discussion, and the remaining times sent away until the next morning.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 8:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The 24 hour rule at http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/ sure seems definitive to me.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by HONcircle
If lounge access is only granted for same day of travel, theoretically, if the departure time of your flight on your BP shows 00.05 and I want to get in the lounge at 2340 (25 minutes before the flight), will the lounge dragon refuse to let me in?
Are you sure you want an answer to this question ?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:29 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HONcircle
If lounge access is only granted for same day of travel, theoretically, if the departure time of your flight on your BP shows 00.05 and I want to get in the lounge at 2340 (25 minutes before the flight), will the lounge dragon refuse to let me in?
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Are you sure you want an answer to this question ?
No, I don't think the lounge dragon will let you in because you should be boarding your flight if it's 25 minutes before departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.