Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Baggage switch from United to Lufthansa during overnight connection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2007, 8:13 am
Original Poster

I'm travelling to Asia via Frankfurt and have a 25 hour overnight connection in Frankfurt. Flying on United to Frankfurt and then Lufthansa to Asia. I was told by the agent that I have to pick up my checked bags in Germany when I land and re-check them the next day and there is no way they would be able to hold them. Is there any way I can have Lufthansa or United hold these bags for that time and not have to get them out in Germany? Any ideas would be appreciated!!
Old Dec 5, 2007, 8:23 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by igotpipped
I'm travelling to Asia via Frankfurt and have a 25 hour overnight connection in Frankfurt. Flying on United to Frankfurt and then Lufthansa to Asia. I was told by the agent that I have to pick up my checked bags in Germany when I land and re-check them the next day and there is no way they would be able to hold them. Is there any way I can have Lufthansa or United hold these bags for that time and not have to get them out in Germany? Any ideas would be appreciated!!
Unfortunately, 25 hours is considered a stopover, not a connection. That's why you can't through-check the bags. Any chance you can change one or the other flight so your interval is <24h?

cheers,

Henry
Old Dec 5, 2007, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know if this will help you, but LH offers evening checkin from 6-9pm for flights departing before 2:30pm the next day: http://www.airportcity-frankfurt.com...ght_before.htm

There is also baggage storage available (3.60 for 24 hours for a bag up to 30kg):
http://www.airportcity-frankfurt.com...26.storage.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.