Wiki Posts
Search

New *A LAX lounge in TBIT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
New *A LAX lounge in TBIT

Hi - Does anyone know if this lounge is before or after a security checkpoint? I'm arriving on NZ J connecting to US F and will be in LAX for 6 hours so thought I'd check it out. I'm *A G so I guess I can get in if it's before security. Thanks for any info.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:38 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Matthew_DC
Hi - Does anyone know if this lounge is before or after a security checkpoint? I'm arriving on NZ J connecting to US F and will be in LAX for 6 hours so thought I'd check it out. I'm *A G so I guess I can get in if it's before security. Thanks for any info.
Airside
NZ it seems lands at T2 and US Departs from T1

It seems no TBIT involved

Last edited by 1000k00; Sep 5, 2007 at 6:35 am
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K
Ouch, that's a long time at LAX. The TBIT *A lounge is after security. In most terminals, there isn't much (restaurants, seating, etc.) before security. The only exception I can think of are the restaurants and duty free shops before security in TBIT.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:18 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by wee_willy
Ouch, that's a long time at LAX. The TBIT *A lounge is after security. In most terminals, there isn't much (restaurants, seating, etc.) before security. The only exception I can think of are the restaurants and duty free shops before security in TBIT.

Welcome to FlyerTalk!!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the information and the welcome! I figured it was likely to be beyond security but worth checking. Virgin at JFK is the only one I've come across so far before security. I'll go to the US Airways lounge as a last resort, I suppose.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyer Talk Matthew_DC and wee_willy

The new TBIT lounges are airside.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 8:21 am

I don't know if T2 and T1 are connected? You might try to re-access T2 after you cleared immigration and use NZ lounge instead of US lounge. At least there is a lounge you can use. Be aware, many people call this company USeless Air, so don't expect too much of a lounge.

Other suggestion for your layover:
There are some airport hotels (incl. free shuttle) offering day rooms. Most of the hotels also have pool, spa and gym facilities. Maybe a better place to relax, then a crowded airport or a crappy lounge?
Old Sep 6, 2007, 8:34 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by blitz
I don't know if T2 and T1 are connected? You might try to re-access T2 after you cleared immigration and use NZ lounge instead of US lounge. At least there is a lounge you can use. Be aware, many people call this company USeless Air, so don't expect too much of a lounge.

Other suggestion for your layover:
There are some airport hotels (incl. free shuttle) offering day rooms. Most of the hotels also have pool, spa and gym facilities. Maybe a better place to relax, then a crowded airport or a crappy lounge?
LAX T1 & T2 are NOT connected, so you will not be able to use the NZ lounge. AFAIK, all *A lounges at LAX are airside.

OP might check out the LAX forum to see other's suggestions for passing the time during extended layovers at LAX.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the feedback. Much appreciated. In the end I used the LAX US Airways Club which was fine for resting. Obviously no showers, real food or free drinks, but not a bad interior overall. One of their better clubs from what I've seen. It did the trick.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 11:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Does anyone know of any photos of the new lounge online anywhere? I'd be curious to see the interiors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.