Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will UA and SQ be friends?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2006, 4:01 pm

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I dont recall there ever being a UA code on the ultralonghaul flights.
Though it's no longer reflected now, I've seen UA codes on such flights when checking for flight information on www.changiairport.com.sg, the official website of Singapore Changi International Airport, a few months back.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 4:58 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Are you sure it wasnt the UA operated flights?
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:17 pm

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Are you sure it wasnt the UA operated flights?
Affirmative, it wasn't those UA operated flights arriving from NRT and HKG at Terminal 1. I was checking for arrival times (punctuality) of those A345 flights to SIN (for a couple of days) and I specifically check for Terminal 2 information only, and I saw the UA logo/flight no. right below the SQ logo/flight no. for those SQ A345 flights with the exact flight arrival times.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
I think that codeshare for UA may be related to cargo (specifically USPS) so it shouldnd be publically visable.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 12:03 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by simong
I think that codeshare for UA may be related to cargo (specifically USPS) so it shouldnd be publically visable.
I think its an explanation close to this. I've also seen an AA code on an SQ flight displayed at the CAAS site somewhere, and was told it was a cargo codeshare by someone who claimed to be an aviation consultant.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 12:27 am

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by cesco.g
In May of this year UA showed 1 seat in SQ F on the JFK-FRA available one week out. I booked it. On the day of the flight we were a total of 3 pax in the 744 F-cabin.
Twice now, I have booked the "one" available F seat on SQ using UA miles. The first time, there ended up being a total of 4 passengers in F. The second time, I was the sole F passenger on the 777 (and yes, it was a very special flight!).
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:48 am

Programs: NorthSails | Starboard | ION
I dont recall there ever being a UA code on the ultralonghaul flights.
Krect (as usual)
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by kkjay77
I believe SQ joined *A as an intrim step before they form their own alliance, IIRC. Of course SQ alliance never materialized. ....
Actually that isn't true.

SQ had been in an alliance called GLOBAL Excellence (I think) with (then) SWISSAIR and DELTA AIRLINES right up until 2001 when the former folded. ANSETT, AIR NZ and Virgin Atlantic were to be their other partners.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 4:07 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Actually that isn't true.

SQ had been in an alliance called GLOBAL Excellence (I think) with (then) SWISSAIR and DELTA AIRLINES right up until 2001 when the former folded. ANSETT, AIR NZ and Virgin Atlantic were to be their other partners.
Thanks for the clarification. Didn't know about Global Excellence Alliance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.