Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

"Star Alliance under one roof in Paris"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Star Alliance under one roof in Paris"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2006, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Pteropous
Are all TAP flights still to/from ORY?
I believe so. If you want to fly from LIS to CDG you have to fly with either AF or... EZY!! (T3)

EDIT : Actually TP flies to CDG as well...

LIS --> CDG : TP424 & TP428
CDG --> LIS : TP425 & TP429

Last edited by sertav; Feb 28, 2006 at 11:38 am
Old Feb 28, 2006, 2:59 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by Gru1K
CDG1 is so futuristic and charmming. Good for *A.
Oh well...

I pass CDG terminal 1 about twice per month now and I would rather describe that terminal as a dump.
The terminal is incredibly confusing, badly signposted, and in bad condition.
If you travel intra-Schengen (to most western European countries) there is absolutely nothing to do after check-in, no shops, no restaurants...
This is also the only airport terminal I know of where the arrivals hall is located above the departure hall, this has made quite a few people confused.

But as I mentioned in my previous post, the terminal is starting to look rather nice which is good. The new *A check-in area is really nice!
It is also nice that all *A carriers move to the same terminal which will make transfers easier (and of course check-in and ticket facilities).
I have seen the future plans for the terminal and it all looks very good, if they could only do something about the outside as well...
Old Feb 28, 2006, 3:37 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Once the redevelopment is complete at the end of 2008, all Star Alliance member carriers serving Paris CDG will operate from Terminal 1. Until then, Air Canada and Austrian will remain in Terminal 2A and 2D respectively.
Well, from my personal point of view, I would rather have OS remain in CDG2 as AF and OS code-share their seven daily flights between CDG and VIE. It would really be annoying to have to switch terminals as you move from one flight to the other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.