Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
Thumbs up Air Canada!

Q: Which *A has the best safety record?
A: Air Canada
Old Aug 2, 2005, 7:04 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Not that I am unhappy with this news but can you post your source of information ?
Old Aug 8, 2005, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On many occassions I get disgruntled with AC's ground and onboard services. But I know they have one of the best safety records out there which is the main reason why I fly them. ^ Though I don't know their exact ranking in that department.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 8:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
But many non-*A carriers have an even better safety record. See http://www.airsafe.com/airline.htm for some numbers. And if you exclude 9/11, United is one of them.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Indeed, QF,EK, Southwest, Finn Air to name a few.
My post was based on the number of accidents and incidents in the past 15 years. With enhanced avionics, it makes little sense to compare the accidents caused by the B744 with those of the DC-3.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
But many non-*A carriers have an even better safety record. See http://www.airsafe.com/airline.htm for some numbers. And if you exclude 9/11, United is one of them.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by inhiyu66
My post was based on the number of accidents and incidents in the past 15 years.
AC is not the only *A airline to have had 0 fatal accidents in the past 15 years.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

That is correct.
UA,OS,NH,JF,VARIG, too

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
AC is not the only *A airline to have had 0 fatal accidents in the past 15 years.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
That is correct.
UA,OS,NH,JF,VARIG, too
that is incomplete - NZ and TP for example (there may be others I havent checked)

So I am still confused by the opening post.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Ooops,
forgot to mention NZ,BD,LO.

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
that is incomplete - NZ and TP for example (there may be others I havent checked)

So I am still confused by the opening post.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 10:41 am

Programs: US dividend miles, Omni Select Guest, United Mplus
Cool well maybe, but.....

Q: Which *A has the best safety record?
A: Air Canada
AC maybe a safe airline, but honestly how many ppl choose their flight based on the airlines safety record, its a great thing but the cheapest seats sell the most, not the safest. Go U-s Airways! yay!!!

"never to far away"
Old Aug 13, 2005, 2:20 pm

Air Canada hands down!

Actually they have even been honored with the title of "The world's safest airline" by UK Flight Safe Consultants.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/me...rds/index.html

Now price maybe the first factor when choosing an airline but safety is usually the third after FF benefits.

Something to think about... many Americans feel more comfortable flying Air Canada than most US airlines simply because they don't see Air Canada as a "target" for terrorists. (so I have been told by many of my American friends)
Old Aug 16, 2005, 2:30 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_Glider
Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imverge
Now price maybe the first factor when choosing an airline but safety is usually the third after FF benefits.
Safety always tops price for me. I'd rather pay a few hundred extras to be in a safe carrier than be on one that crashes often.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
Safety always tops price for me. I'd rather pay a few hundred extras to be in a safe carrier than be on one that crashes often.

I agree, but let's sat you are choosing between BA and AC where both have an excellent safety record? Although the fare is $100 cheaper with BA? Then you would have to make the call based on FF benefits.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imverge
I agree, but let's sat you are choosing between BA and AC where both have an excellent safety record? Although the fare is $100 cheaper with BA? Then you would have to make the call based on FF benefits.
I think you misunderstood. I meant if it came down to choosing between carriers that have excellent safety record versus ones that have a poor record, I would choose the one with the better safety record even if their fares are higher than the one offered with the poor safety record.

For example if AC charges $1,200 for YVR-ICN while KE charges only $900 for the same route, I would opt for AC because their safety record is way better than KE's even though it would cost me an additional $300.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.