Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Who has to issue *RTW ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2005, 3:09 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/1K/2MM, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold

I am trying to book a couple of First Class *RTW ticket for November 2005 time frame and not sure I want to put my faith (for that much money) in UA. My current plan is to take UA out of IAD on the first leg and from there 5 legs on SQ then finishing up on UA from LAX to IAD. I went to SQ but the agent told me I had to book it through UA as they were the first leg carrier. I have looked though the StarRTW rule posted in this forum but saw nothing other than "Permitted any ticket stock of AC/BD/JK/LH/LO/NH/NZ/OS/OZ/RG/SK/SQ/TG/UA/US participating in the itinerary only"

Can anyone provide some insight into how to get tickets on other than 016 stock.

Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2005, 4:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
I recently went on an RTW ex. BKK and the first leg or my flight was on Luftansa. Due to my status with AC, I called AC and they also said that I should call Luftansa but upon insistance from me they DID issue the ticket. I did have AC further down on my RTW plans.
I sould suggest that you call SQ again and if you get the same reply, I am sure a TA would be only very happy to do it for you.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 5:44 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/1K/2MM, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Retired FF
I recently went on an RTW ex. BKK and the first leg or my flight was on Luftansa. Due to my status with AC, I called AC and they also said that I should call Luftansa but upon insistance from me they DID issue the ticket. I did have AC further down on my RTW plans.
I sould suggest that you call SQ again and if you get the same reply, I am sure a TA would be only very happy to do it for you.
Thanks for the tip. I call SQ back again, got a different agent, he really wanted to book the flights, asked about my legs and went to his supervisor to get it blessed - now confirmed the way I wanted and on SQ stock not UA.

Thanks again
Old Jan 20, 2005, 4:33 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, LH Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Priority Pass, Global Entry
what if UA goes broke?

- now confirmed the way I wanted and on SQ stock not UA.
[/QUOTE]

I've just booked at *Alliance RTW in first. Booked on LH stock, but will be BOS-ORD-LAX-SYD on UA...what happens if they go bankrupt? Will I loose? Will Anyone else honor the those portions of the ticket? I'm on LH and SQ for the other portions....

thanks
Old Jan 20, 2005, 4:36 am

Programs: AA, UAL-1K, Marriott Gold
UA will not go under

I would not worry, UA is in trouble like all of the other airlines, but they will not go down. You should be OK. We all know the governement will step in if they are really going to fold. Have a fun trip!
Old Jan 20, 2005, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Tanzguy
I've just booked at *Alliance RTW in first. Booked on LH stock, but will be BOS-ORD-LAX-SYD on UA...what happens if they go bankrupt? Will I loose? Will Anyone else honor the those portions of the ticket? I'm on LH and SQ for the other portions....
thanks
The only way you will lose is in either comfort or journey times. There are other options to get you to South Pac other than UA but AC and soon NZ will only be able to offer you a C cabin as highest available. The other options if you want to retain F is North Pac routing with NH and then down through SE Asia, but that may damage your mileage.
Wouldn't worry too much about it - can't really see UA going anywhere anytime soon, although the longer things drag on there must be a line in the sand coming up somewhere in the future.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Tanzguy
- now confirmed the way I wanted and on SQ stock not UA.

thanks[/QUOTE]

I assume this isn't an award ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.