Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Will I have time to use the lounge in FRA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2004, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

I'll be transitting thru FRA on my way to JFK in LH C. I'm arriving from VIE (on LH) at 16:15. My outbound to JFK is 17:20.

Will I have time to visit the lounge?

Dan
Old Jun 28, 2004, 2:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
don't go to any FRA lounge before you passed the secondary screening (which is obligatory for all flights to the USA). Than there you might perhaps still use the LH lounges there for some minutes, which are just in the middle of the Rondell (business and Senator, same entrance, one level above depature gates) for those US-bound departure gates.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Remember too that there is a line to get in to the actual gate area. So once you clear the mandatory security checkpoint to get into the section of the terminal where the US-departures are, you still have to get in a line to have your passport re- re- reviewed, and your boarding card fed into the reader, then you can sit down, then get up and get in a rather unorganized line to actually board the plane. Personally I'd just go the gate and forego the lounge experience.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Gentlemen,

Thanks for the heads up and advice.

Dan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.