Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT Star Alliance Lounges open now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX - TBIT Star Alliance Lounges open now

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2021, 2:57 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Does anyone know the current hours? Especially opening time? Thanks in advance
Old Sep 27, 2021, 2:26 pm

Sitting on the lounge in the F side now.
No more lounge attendant on the F side, no menu and no service (other than a person occasionaly showing up to clean the plates and glasses).

Some self service food:
Chesse cubes of the cheapest kind with crackers, looking like sitting out too long
Some slides of cake, boken
A few fruits
Bags with potato chips and cookies and a few other items.
Small glasses with something which look like dried out mousse o chocolate
Some pieces of wrap.
No coffee machine, no hot water for tea, no bottled water (only a fountain whichtastes like tab water)

There is a door to the business class side. This has a bit more food. The noodle soup bar is open, but the soup is cold and tasted like from a packet where they used triple the amount of water as recommended.

All pretty juck.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Sitting on the lounge in the F side now.
No more lounge attendant on the F side, no menu and no service (other than a person occasionaly showing up to clean the plates and glasses).

Some self service food:
Chesse cubes of the cheapest kind with crackers, looking like sitting out too long
Some slides of cake, boken
A few fruits
Bags with potato chips and cookies and a few other items.
Small glasses with something which look like dried out mousse o chocolate
Some pieces of wrap.
No coffee machine, no hot water for tea, no bottled water (only a fountain whichtastes like tab water)

There is a door to the business class side. This has a bit more food. The noodle soup bar is open, but the soup is cold and tasted like from a packet where they used triple the amount of water as recommended.

All pretty juck.
How was the wine selection in the *A F lounge? Was it crowded?

Any better options in TBIT? Traveling LX F.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by marks88

Wine selections at LAX *Gold lounge tends to be of nice quality. I typically go for the sparkling and the whites. However, the Reds are quite nice as well. You won’t be disappointed as long as your expectations are in line..
LAX/HKG likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by marks88

Sorry, i don't drink alcohol before/on a flight. But I remember one bottle of bubbly and 2 or 3 bottles of wine. Water selection was: Plain from a faucet which tasted like tap water, small bottles of sparkling. At least they could have still water from a bottle....
Early afternoon there were less than 10 people, a few leaving on SQ and the rest on LH. The lounge seats around 30 and has 2 addional VIP?rooms which were closed.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stepped by there on a morning past week - just to find the lounge closed at 7:00 a.m. Looks like the hours changed (again).
Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Trying to make sense of the convoluted access rules since the May guest policy changed, hopefully there is a *A expert here who can help.

Here is the setup:

1. I’m flying UA domestic as both a *G and a paid UC member
2. spouse is *G flying with me, but is not a paid UC member
3. In laws are seniors who are not *G but flying BR in PY, so they are not on the same flight

When I read the access and guest policy rules on the website, it seems that as a paid UC member I can bring one guest into the lounge regardless of which *A flight they are on, but my spouse who is not a paid club member can only bring a guest who is traveling on the same flight - is this correct, or is there any chance with both of us holding the same status, we can bring in the extra in-law as a guest.

Also since we’re all flying just before midnight, I want to make sure the lounge is still open late night before we go through this analysis.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by bocastephen
...is there any chance with both of us holding the same status, we can bring in the extra in-law as a guest.

Also since we’re all flying just before midnight, I want to make sure the lounge is still open late night before we go through this analysis.
With the new changes, you likely wouldn't be able to guests your in-laws into the lounge since they are not on the same flight. I understand the paid lounge policy section technically does not mention the fine print of having to be on the same flight, but I'm more or less certain when that change was made, it was intended to percolate to all kinds of status/membership-based access and *A simply didn't make note of it under that particular section. With that being said, you are welcome to try and report back your findings as this is a fairly unique case.

And to your second question, the lounge closes after midnight if I remember right so you wouldn't have any issues from a timing standpoint.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:54 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Hi, does anyone know the up to date and accurate hours for the lounge? I have a 1am on United and would like to check out the lounge and have some food and drinks and sit on the terrace for a bit. I just dont want to enter TBIT and find it closed and then have to make the 15 minute walk for nothing.

UC closes at 1130 which is a tad early to work as a spot for me before the 1am flight to Iah so hoping *Alliance is open and open late and i can hang there until 12/12:10 and then walk over to T7.

Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Hi, does anyone know the up to date and accurate hours for the lounge? I have a 1am on United and would like to check out the lounge and have some food and drinks and sit on the terrace for a bit. I just dont want to enter TBIT and find it closed and then have to make the 15 minute walk for nothing.

UC closes at 1130 which is a tad early to work as a spot for me before the 1am flight to Iah so hoping *Alliance is open and open late and i can hang there until 12/12:10 and then walk over to T7.

Thanks
my buddy was on the same flight to IAH this past Friday night (actually early Saturday morning) he was at the TBIT lounge. I believe he said they’re open late. FYI the PHO bar is open again
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
my buddy was on the same flight to IAH this past Friday night (actually early Saturday morning) he was at the TBIT lounge. I believe he said they’re open late. FYI the PHO bar is open again
Great news and thanks for the tip on the Pho. Hoping there will be a lot of good food options and showers are open but not the end of the world. Still will be far better than AA AC which is where i have been for my last 5 Lax passes.

Btw, how come they are open so late b/c isnt Asia travel mostly non existent so ANA & Eva wouldnt factor in? And Swiss & LH depart before super late no? Pleased but just surprised. Seem to have found something indicating 1am closing. Thats great news.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Nov 2, 2021 at 1:55 am
Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Btw, how come they are open so late b/c isnt Asia travel mostly non existent so ANA & Eva wouldnt factor in? And Swiss & LH depart before super late no? Pleased but just surprised. Seem to have found something indicating 1am closing. Thats great news.
NH has two daily, including a 12:05 a.m.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
NH has two daily, including a 12:05 a.m.
Nice thx. I looked and saw everything ANA going to San Fran I thought. Still even with 1205am I wonder why the lounge is open until 1am. Although thats not a for sure confirmation on 1am..

Wish i could know for sure b/c if its 1am i would leave my house at 10pm and go to *Alliance..

If its closed I'd just leave at 1120pm and get dropped at T7 and go right to the gate for the 1am to Iah
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:47 pm

Nice thx. I looked and saw everything ANA going to San Fran I thought. Still even with 1205am I wonder why the lounge is open until 1am. Although thats not a for sure confirmation on 1am..

Wish i could know for sure b/c if its 1am i would leave my house at 10pm and go to *Alliance..

If its closed I'd just leave at 1120pm and get dropped at T7 and go right to the gate for the 1am to Iah
My buddy mentioned that they were open till 1 AM this past Friday evening. From the Star Alliance Site:

Star Alliance Lounge Los Angeles (Business Class)

Tom Bradley International Terminal

6th Floor,Level 6 - Central atrium area. Elevator at clock tower.

The lounge is located after security screening. Proceed towards the boarding gates and take the elevator at the clock tower in the central atrium area to level 6.

Opening hours

MON 09:00-01:00
TUE 09:00-01:00
WED 07:00-01:00
THU 07:00-01:00
FRI 07:00-01:00
SAT 07:00-01:00
SUN 07:00-01:00
Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:20 pm

Was just at TBIT Star Alliance lounge in the evening (4pm to 6pm local time). Operating hours as per website. Pho bar is back. Some warm food choices per a few posts back in Aug. Still somewhat understaffed. No bartender really but guests have started to DIY drinks. Just remember the lounge won't announce BA flights (who is using this lounge temporarily).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.