Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*A spouse/partner gifting loyalty programs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond

I’m familiar with OW airlines such as MH, JL, and BA who all offer something similar. Which *A programs allow elite members to gift status to a spouse or partner? Here are the ones I know:
TP for their Gold gift +1 Gold
UA for their Million Milers gift +1 Gold/Plat/1K/GS (status equals that of primary)
SA for their Lifetime Plats who achieve an additional threshold gift +1 Gold
SQ for their Solitaire PPS Club gift +1 Solitaire PPS Club Supplementary
SK for their Diamond gift +1 Gold and +1 Silver; Gold gift +1 Silver
LH/LX/OS/SN/LO/OU for their HON Circle gift +1 Senator
NZ for their Elite gift +1 Elite Partner
TK for their Elite Plus gift +1 up to 3 Elite for 40K award miles each
AC for their Super Elite 100K gift +1 Elite 50K and Elite 75K gift +1 Elite 35K*
*unlike SK, AC requires this option to be chosen in lieu of other Select Privileges available.
Surely they’re are more options in *A given the quantity of airlines and hopefully with reasonable requirements like TP, who else am I missing?

Last edited by ALGU; Mar 20, 2020 at 4:33 pm Reason: Updated
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:37 am

TK does, if I remember correctly. For the details someone else might chime in (I don't participate in their program), or you might want to check their website.

Midnightflight
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by midnightflight
TK does, if I remember correctly. For the details someone else might chime in (I don't participate in their program), or you might want to check their website.

Midnightflight
You’re correct! Thanks for chiming in, totally missed that. Updated post.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Air Canada's Altitude/Aeroplan program allows SE100k to gift one 50K Elite status (Star Alliance Gold) and 75K to gift one 35K Status (Star Alliance Silver) as one of their choices (but have to give up other potential benefits to select this option).
Old Mar 20, 2020, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Air Canada's Altitude/Aeroplan program allows SE100k to gift one 50K Elite status (Star Alliance Gold) and 75K to gift one 35K Status (Star Alliance Silver) as one of their choices (but have to give up other potential benefits to select this option).
Thank you for this! Surprised this was missed, post updated.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 8:49 pm

At the present time of worldwide air travel disruption due to Covid-19, this thread is either the most refreshing one on FT due to its "optimism" (spouse/partner actually to accompany a *A elite) or a complete exercise in futility!
ALGU likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.