Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

J award CDG-xxx-SFO which *A carrier would you choose using UA miles?

Old Jun 11, 20, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat (21 yrs elite), B9, AA

CDG-ZRH-SFO 77K LX all J
CDG-WAW-SFO 77K LO all J
CDG-FRA-SFO 155K LH/UA mixed award Y then J

Don't want to unnecessarily use twice the miles if LO or LX are acceptable, but I have no experience on either. Solo traveler, primary concern hard product/comfort, secondary concern soft product including the airport experience.

Any comparisons/advice welcomed.
Old Jun 11, 20, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
CDG-ZRH-SFO 77K LX all J all the time every time. Connection in ZRH is great. Product is great.
Old Jun 13, 20, 1:24 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
100% go via ZRH on LX. If you want to treat yourself a bit more get the "Throne seat", may have to pay for this option but I think it is worth it, on the 77W. ZRH is a very easy airport to transit and LX is a solid airline.
Old Jun 13, 20, 1:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Total Wine & More Reserve
Seconded. LX is much more than acceptable.

I do like the new UA Polaris seat slightly better. But there's no guarantee you'd get that seat anyways. And even then, there's no way I'd pay 2x the miles for it.

The only issue I have with the LX seats is that I find the footwell space somewhat constricting, although I don't find that to be as big of a deal going westbound.

But any edge I'd give to the UA seat is more than made up for by the superior food/service/transfer experience that you'd get on LX.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: