Search

Contract lounge acces

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus EBG
Contract lounge acces

Hi fellow-flyers!

I thought that I finally understood the *A lounge game, but the "contract" lounges have confused me.

As a *A Gold, I have acces to all lounges branded with the *A gold, when travelling on *A, regardless of class. I then thought that the contract lounges where used to business class pax only.

But as I read the information under "Contract lounges", you have acces to the contract lounges, when you are *A Gold and travelling on the specific airline, regardless of class.

So for example, if I was travelling from Nice (NCE) with Lufthansa in economy, I would have acces to "The Librabry Lounge"?

https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy
https://www.staralliance.com/lounge-...=1559553165524
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:46 am

Yes, if LH pays for *G access to the lounge. As you can see in the TP and SK threads, it is not a given.

I believe (and I can't be really bothered to check) that the *A policy language used to say something along the lines "if the airline contracts a lounge, then *G access is automatic", but it has been amended to specify that a contract is required.

According to the LH website, a *G Flying LH from NCE would have access.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:05 am

I think that you have access if you fly in a LH flight.

I'm in a similar situation, but with a detail, I'll fly in a UA metal flight that is codeshare with Brussels. The contract lounge has only contract with Brussels. Should I have acess as *A Gold?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus EBG
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Yes, if LH pays for *G access to the lounge. As you can see in the TP and SK threads, it is not a given.

I believe (and I can't be really bothered to check) that the *A policy language used to say something along the lines "if the airline contracts a lounge, then *G access is automatic", but it has been amended to specify that a contract is required.

According to the LH website, a *G Flying LH from NCE would have access.
Thanks for the answer! And it applies to all *A programs as long as I fly Lufthansa, or do I have to have Miles & More *A G?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by MatthiasWagner
Thanks for the answer! And it applies to all *A programs as long as I fly Lufthansa, or do I have to have Miles & More *A G?
When you fly LH you can check lounge access on LH.com based on SEN status (LH*G) or generic *G, and of course departure airport.
MatthiasWagner likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mittch
I'll fly in a UA metal flight that is codeshare with Brussels. The contract lounge has only contract with Brussels. Should I have acess as *A Gold?
No. Codeshares don't matter with *A - everything is based on the operator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.