Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*Gold Lounge Hopping

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:53 am
Original Poster

LH Lounge @ LHR Review

This morning I had an LX flight to GVA and thought I'd try out the lounge. Entry was prompt with a quick scan of my LX boarding pass from the LX app. No need to present my UA Gold card! It should be noted that departures from the B gates (as was my GVA flight) can be refused entry to the lounge due to capacity issues. Given I was traveling on the morning of a bank holiday this was no issue at all.

Overall the lounge is very nice. Probably the nicest LH lounge I've been to and I've been to the ones at FRA, EWR and DTW. The lounge is broken into two separate sections Senator and Business. Access to the senator side is through a barcode reader that scans a coupon the dragon gives you when you come in. The Senator section is slightly nicer with a consolidated buffet area. As this is LHR booze was openly available at 6 AM and I saw several people downing reds and Dom. Klassy!

Food was pretty good a selection of cereals, yogurt, fruits, tomatoes , hash browns, sausage, etc. Theres a coffee machine that provides an adquate cup of coffee. Catering was by D0 & Co which is nice to see given the nearly Monopoly Sodexo and Compass have on the market. The lounge also features several types of seating areas including table seating for meals, lounge chairs for relaxing and a business centre seating which has several cubicles you can work from. The lounge has restrooms at both the senator and business section and there are showers as well although I didn't have an opportunity to try them.

Overall I'd give this lounge a 7 out of 10 having not seen the shower component. Some people may say this is a bit harsh but I assure you there are better lounges elsewhere (incl at LHR). That being said it's a solid lounge and one certainly worth visiting if you have a flight on SN, LH, or OS!

Safe Travels,

James
tstauck likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Overall I'd give this lounge a 7 out of 10 having not seen the shower component.
Pretty sure there are no showers at this lounge, unless they've added it in the last 3 months.

Either way UA easily has the best showers.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: Miles & More Frequent Traveller, Turkish Miles & Smiles Elite
Re-entering

What about reentering a lounge? Say you get in, eat something, then go out - either to do some shopping or check out a different lounge - and go back.

Thx!
Old Oct 29, 2019, 4:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fantomass
What about reentering a lounge? Say you get in, eat something, then go out - either to do some shopping or check out a different lounge - and go back.
What's the question? Is it allowed? Yes, absolutely.
fantomass likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Wouldn't the obvious solution be to only show them an electronic BP?
at NRT, ANA lounge can't scan UA mobile boarding pass (they need to manually type or call-someone else with the ref #). with physical UA boarding pass, they scan and let you in immediately

did not ask for *A card, *G on boarding pass was enough. visited UA lounge first (transit security let me out at UA lounge), didnt have issues visiting NH lounge after

shower pressure/temp is very good at NRT ANA lounge (as is most japanese hotel showers) - wish more places have that
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by paperwastage
shower pressure/temp is very good at NRT ANA lounge (as is most japanese hotel showers) - wish more places have that
I find the NH shower rooms are too hot (just like the airplanes). There also tends to be a long wait at the time I typically transit NRT, i.e., mid to late afternoon.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I find the NH shower rooms are too hot (just like the airplanes). There also tends to be a long wait at the time I typically transit NRT, i.e., mid to late afternoon.
it is a little hot, but they have a fan

the NH satellite lounge shower waittime is horrible, but the main NH lounge seemed to be okay

(entered lounge at 2pm and was told ~1hour wait. got some stuff from noodle bar, barely ate half when the shower beeper went off around 2:20pm)
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

The one thing you glossed over was the excellent ventilation in those shower rooms. There is nothing like hitting that wall of cool fresh air after being in a steamy shower for 15 minutes. Also, the Shiseido amenities they provide are excellent as well.

Originally Posted by Kacee
it is a little hot, but they have a fan

the NH satellite lounge shower waittime is horrible, but the main NH lounge seemed to be okay

(entered lounge at 2pm and was told ~1hour wait. got some stuff from noodle bar, barely ate half when the shower beeper went off around 2:20pm)
That is the only issue with NRT is there are two NH lounges, one of them is acceptable by Japanese standards and one of them is great. Whichever one has the massage chairs with blackout curtains, ramen and sushi bar also happens to be the one with the quick access to showers! Needless to say I look forward to departing/connecting through NRT whenever possible.

As an aside, the quality of NH lounges varies wildly. I was in the KIX NH lounge last month and was sorely disappointed by it (overcrowded, no ramen/sushi bars, no showers, no anything aside from a great meal. Bahumbug!)

Safe Travels,

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.