Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting times

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Crediting times

This might not be the perfect place in the forum to post this but it does relate to Star Alliance.

Just recently flew 2 tickets, YVR-DUB then DUB-ATH, largely UA, then LH. I had different FFP numbers on both, using a third FFP as my Star Gold access card. No issues. None. I've had some problems in the past where lounge agents get a bit pushy, but I've always pushed back about being able to credit to one program and using the benefits of another and eventually they relent. I flew these flights just 5-6 days ago, all have credited already. Maybe it's just my lack of experience with other alliances, but I think Star Alliance deserves some praise here. Hell, retroactive credit on ANA was literally instant the one time I needed it. Avianca is a bit of a pain, but they got the job done in that instance too. Asiana did well with my retroactive Air China claim also.

Now, I had a booking recently to DUB as well, with WS/AA/BA...what a nightmare. I'm gonna end up essentially forfeiting the PHL-DUB flight because it was AA metal with a BA codeshare, and neither AA nor AS could recognize I was on the flight, despite having the BP to prove it. Also had a flight not that long ago on MU. First of all, the agent at YVR (where the check-in people speak plenty decent english) inputted my FFP number as AN ________. Excuse me, what airline is AN? She even turned to her colleague and said "where's AN on here" except I thought I heard her say AM, so i thought nothing of it. I should've double checked my BP, but I was focused on something else and didn't until later. Aeromexico website has never really worked for me, emailing them wasn't much help, in the end only DL could seem to credit my miles properly, so I just put them there, but it took months. Also had some Aeromexico BPs that I had been sitting on waiting to credit, I just got lazy, didn't do enough research and figured "I have 12 months, no big deal" except I made the incorrect assumption that everyone gave you 12 months to credit. Not so, my fault. I searched up and down trying to find a Skyteam program that I could still credit to. I had passed the deadline on all the ones I found...sent those BPs to Alaska to get them credited (despite no longer being partners, I was still within the limit) and got it done right quick.

Long story short, it's amazing to me how seamless Star Alliance has made things for me, despite having multiple airlines on a booking and whatnot versus my experiences outside the alliance. Has anyone else had similar issues or positive experiences?
zeer0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.