Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star alliance metal questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

I've found Biz Saver seats to and from Europe in July. I have a couple of questions...

LH A380. I know Biz seats are upper deck. Is there a particular area or seats that are favored over others?

TK. The return will be VIE to IST, then TK from IST to BOS. I've heard good things about the TK Biz product. Are they true? I think its an A330. We have a three hour, or so, connection time in IST. I assume that'll be enough. We have no time to worry about getting a visa to leave the airport.

Any tips or warnings will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Kensterfly
I've found Biz Saver seats to and from Europe in July. I have a couple of questions...

I've heard good things about the TK Biz product. Are they true?

Thanks.
LH - Are you traveling alone or with family? The middle row J weirdly has seats angled towards each other which I would find uncomfortable unless traveling with family. Take the rows at the back 23 or 24, A or K if you want to look out of the window. That way you're not over the gigantic wings. If you prefer direct aisle access C or K is better and you can sit a little up ahead. Not sure if any of the seats have better legroom than the others.

TK - Have no idea what you've heard so can't say if it's true or not. However TK has a decent J product and you can enjoy the 3 hours in the CIP lounge in IST which is fantastic.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Piper. I’m traveling with my bride so the middle seats would work fine and give us both an aisle seat.
Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Would still go with 22-24 A/C or H/K. Only drawback of this is that one person doesn't get direct aisle access but you do get a window seat.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
The TK business product is very good, but let down by two things - first IST itself is massively overcrowded, and second the seats are not as flat as some others.

Having said that, 3 hours in IST is more than enough time, and you will love the lounge there which must be one of the best (and largest) in the world. There's so much to do in the lounge that you'll wish you were there longer!
As to the flight, it's ideal for a day flight. The seats are very comfortable for sitting and the food on TK is as good as it gets on an airline.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread and https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turk...-istanbul.html and TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2018 onwards Master Thread]
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
TK connection recommendation

Cnx. in IST is very easy. Sure, its crowded, but they speak English and it is dead easy to find the TK Lounge (end of the terminal). Its so large that you may not notice the lower level - less busy, more places to nap. Also, over by the bathrooms there are lockers. Check it out. Upstairs is the pool table. The food is unbelievable. No visa req'd.
The TK lounge is so good that many Israelis take the cnx. just to spend time in the lounge. Erdogan is no fan of Israel - so that says a lot.
Last bu not least, TK is the only airline I know which has a chef on board. Impressive!
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
The TK lounge is so good that many Israelis take the cnx. just to spend time in the lounge. Erdogan is no fan of Israel - so that says a lot.
TK is the largest foreign carrier at TLV. It's found a very profitable niche in connecting Jews in the US and around the world to Israel. These tend to be high margin flights so it makes sense no matter what the politics are between the 2 countries.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Last bu not least, TK is the only airline I know which has a chef on board. Impressive!
When did OS remove their chefs from cabins? They have been first to have them!
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kensterfly
Piper. I’m traveling with my bride so the middle seats would work fine and give us both an aisle seat.
Thanks.
You’re getting married on the aeroplane?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.