Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Who offers seat pre-allocation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2003, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Nobody (former 1K, 1P, 2P), QFF Nobody, Skywards Nobody

When I fly UA I can select my seat any time after ticketing. Which other *A members offer seat pre-allocation like this?

I'm going to be flying SQ and LH BNE-SIN-FRA-LHR and return next month and would prefer not to take pot-luck at check-in. I'll be in Y and am *G.

Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2003, 11:45 pm

I've been able to request specific seats with:
  • LH
  • NZ
  • OS
  • SQ
  • TG
  • UA

------------------
Latitudes.

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travels sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilisation, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints.
Robert Louis Stevenson (18501894)
Old Jun 13, 2003, 12:37 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
No problem with SK either, just call them.
Old Jun 13, 2003, 2:00 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Latitudes:
  • LH
  • NZ
  • OS
  • SQ
  • TG
  • UA

</font>
AFAIK all allow it in F an C. In Y there is no advance seat assignment at all for SQ, and no for domestic and inner european flights for LH.

Old Jun 13, 2003, 3:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Latitudes:
LH NZ OS SQ TG UA
</font>
U can add AC to that list for J and Y cabins.
Old Jun 13, 2003, 6:09 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by peter42:
AFAIK all allow it in F an C. In Y there is no advance seat assignment at all for SQ, and no for domestic and inner european flights for LH.</font>
I was referring to Y in my list above. I managed to preassign Y seats for all of these airlines, including SQ.

------------------
Latitudes.

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travels sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilisation, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints.
Robert Louis Stevenson (18501894)

[This message has been edited by Latitudes (edited 06-13-2003).]
Old Jun 13, 2003, 7:08 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I was referring to Y in my list above. I managed to preassign Y seats for all of these airlines, including SQ.

</font>
How did you do it for SQ ?
Old Jun 13, 2003, 12:07 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I once got a seat pre-assigned on SQ ticketed by AN. I always thought that was a fluke, or perhaps part of the SQ/AN/NZ agreement that used to be in place.

However most SQ trips in Y have been unable to allocate with the exception of 48 hours prior since they started webcheckin.

I wonder if KF members can pre-allocate SQ Y? maybe elite tiers?

SK don't pre-allocate SIN-BKK sectors and european short-haul.

AC have been known to switch Y seat assignments. The agent who handed me the "changed" BP regretted it when I pulled a printed copy of my PNR showing the correct assignment!

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Jun 13, 2003, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by peter42:
How did you do it for SQ ?</font>
Just call them up... of course, PPS status helps. As a PPS member, Ive been able to not only pre-select a seat but even block the companion seat when travelling on a not so full flight.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by peter42
AFAIK all allow it in F an C. In Y there is no advance seat assignment at all for SQ, and no for domestic and inner european flights for LH.
Does anyone have any experience with TP? I'm planning to call their call center on Monday.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by RichardMEL
SK don't pre-allocate SIN-BKK sectors and european short-haul.
As the OP is *G they will indeed be happy to do ASR in both M, Y and C-class, including domestic and european flights. It has been discussed that it will diappear in M-class, but it still works.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Only way I know how to do it on SQ in Y is to do webcheckin which you can't do if you're on a multi carrier itinerary. If you really bug the heck out of them they might allow you to do a general request such as aisle or window. This worked for me and they had a decent aisle seat bp waiting for me when I went to the transfer counter in ICN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.