Community
Wiki Posts
Search

south america air passes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2002, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

south america air passes

Does anyone know what kind of passes are offered with Star Alliances? I'm flying from Toronto to Buenos Aires on Air Canada and I would like to get an air pass for Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Chile. Preferably one that calculates cost based on mileage.

Where can I find this information?

Old Mar 19, 2002, 9:50 pm

Varig does offer one air pass, but just to Brazil. Don't know about any international pass.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 6:10 am

There is an airpass called the Mercosur pass which covers all the countries you list and charges according to miles flown. It includes the national airlines of all the countries you are visiting. If you do a Google search onMercosur Airpass you will probably get the info you need.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 12:27 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I can be found at http://www.travel-overland.de/airpaesse/mercosur.html (in German)...
Old Mar 23, 2002, 3:34 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Probably not the answer you want to hear as it's not a product available from a Star Alliance member, but might be useful to you anyhow. There are two main airpass products for the South American market: LAN Chile airpass and the One World Visit South America pass (http://www.oneworldalliance.com/products/visit_passes.cfm).

The LAN Chile pass gives you 3 coupons (1 coupon per one way journey) for US$250, each additional coupon (up to a max of 6) is US$60.

The One World pass offers a similar product but this can be used in most S American countries, using Santiago de Chile as the hub. The price for each coupon will depend on which one of 5 zones the journey falls into, the price range is US$80 for a zone 1 journey (eg Buenos Aires-Montevideo) going up to $270 for a zone 6 journey.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.