Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

rules for issuing SOTO tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2002, 12:46 am
Original Poster

apologies if this has been discussed before, but couldn't find any clear answers when searching previous threads.

i'd like to know if are there any definitive conditions where an airline will or will not issue SOTO tickets at the lower fare (of the origination point)?

specifically, i just called LH in SIN to ask if they would sell me a FRWSTAR1 originating from JNB at the South African fare. first sector is LH from JNB to FRA. not surprisingly the answer was NO, but i'd still like to know if there are hard and fast reasons why....

a couple years back i used to purchase SOTO tickets in SIN on SQ originating in India, at the Indian fares, until SQ plugged that loophole.
Old Mar 13, 2002, 1:04 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
For * RTWs it is in the fare rules that SOTO tickets are priced at the higher fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.