Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Is there any lounge in PEK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2002, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

Can't find a reference to any kind of *G lounge in PEK. Anyone know of one?
Old Jan 15, 2002, 7:18 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
There are two lounges in PEK airport. The one which is further away from the immigration (not in front of DFS) is used by TG, UA, NH, and other star alliance business/first class passengers to use. However, I am not sure (I only used it as C passengers) if *G member can be used. The safest bet is if you ask for a lounge coupon when you check into *A flight.

Hope you can use it. I like the lounge as it has few warm hours-d'ouvre, cup-o-noodle and drinks.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I flew SQ in J class Pek-SIN. I was directed to a contract lounge (Premier?). Food, drink and newspapers were available. I don't remember much about it so it must have been ok.
Old Jan 18, 2002, 12:48 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
I flew out of there in November. Ask for the coupon at check-in for you *A flight. It is a shared-facility lounge used by several airlines. Nothing special, but it beats sitting out by the gates.
Old Jan 20, 2002, 9:48 am
Patron

I flew out BJS on an OS C-Class ticket and metal in October last year. At check in, I got a coupon for Air Chinas C-Class lounge in Terminal 2 (next gate 19). This is a shared-facility lounge used by several airlines (open 0630-1930) for around 180 people and should be also ok for Gold* card holders.

Old Jan 24, 2002, 11:58 am
West Coast 1K

I was in PEK last May and remember getting an invitation to a shared lounge (best as I remember there were two lounges for * and I got an invitation to one of them (1K flying C) and my friend (no status traveling C) got the invitation to the other. We went to my lounge because we figured that it would be better. In truth it was very modest with some couches, canned drinks and maybe some small packaged food. While it was nothing special, it does beat being out at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.