Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

MX introduces security surcharge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2001, 12:45 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle

MX has followed LH's suit and is charging a US$6 security charge per segment. I understand this applies only for international travel, since I flew 8 MX and AM domestic segments from Monday - Thursday and no additional charges applied. Only today, Friday, as I checked-in for my flight MEX-LAX was I billed.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Isn't it the FAA in the US that has imposed this new charge to cover improvements to airport security? I believe such a measure is included in the new Airline Act that went through the House last week. Expect to see many more of these fees added in other countries.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 4:39 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Shareholder-- Im wondering how the FAA could impose a surcharge for a non US based airport. In any event, on my return leg on MX out of LAX, I was not charged this additional fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.