Wiki Posts
Search

Varig and * lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2001, 9:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Varig and * lounges

I'm confused about availability of the lounge at GRU. I'm PremEx on UA. I'm flying to GRU from MIA on AA and connecting to Varig on an ecomony class ticket. Do I have lounge access at * lounges and if so, does anyone know if there is one on the domestic flight side of GRU?

Thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2001, 9:50 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
being StarGold (UA PremEx) and having a same day boarding pass wth Varig: you have access (if there is a lounge there), .
Old Oct 7, 2001, 9:51 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Should be no problem. You are STar Gold and these are Star Gold lounges. As long as you have a same day boarding pass on a star carrier (in this case Varig).
Old Oct 7, 2001, 10:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply.

The confusion in part is that the UA guide says while traveling internationally the other part is my normal state of confusion.
Old Oct 7, 2001, 1:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
with that 'international' definition UA is only 'protecting' themselves to not to have granting access to RCC's in North America on inner NorthAmerican flights to UA status holders (RCC allow StarGolds from other than UA ff-programs entrance to RCC in NorthAmerica even on entirely Inner North American flights ...).
Old Oct 9, 2001, 6:36 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
In GRU you have 2 lounges; 1 prior to security for domestic flights and 1 intl after security.

Varig fully complies with all *A rules and you will be more than welcome at Varig's domestic lounge providing you have your boarding pass (with UA *G stamped) or *A boarding pass plus your UA Premier Exec card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.