Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Need a TA in Austria for *A RTW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2001, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au

I am planning a RTW for myself and a colleage. It would be done out of VIE. The proposed route is VIE-NRT-SIN-SYD-LAX-SAN-LAX-ORD-VIE, both in C/J. its a legal route as the first LAX is not a stopover, just transit.

I need to ticket it in Austria, and either have the tickets sent to my office or available on a TOD. If you are, or if you know someone who can help on this, it would be appreciated. Travel to commence 28th September.

Jon.
Old Sep 18, 2001, 7:34 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Try Austrian Airlines direct. I have approached SAS in CPH and SQ in AMS about issuing my RTW tickets. No problem in either location.

Old Sep 18, 2001, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I had to kill the plan, as I cant put my support/developer in jepody, and I dont want to fly to close to afganistan.

One of the best flights I did was over that countru. We could see fires burning under the stars - quite beautiful
Old Oct 2, 2001, 3:01 am

They dont fly over Afghanistan and Pakistan any more on the Asia routes (as of Sep 29 on Sep 16 they still did). They take a detour and fly along the Persian gulf and turn north as early as they have reached Iran.

Stephan

Old Oct 2, 2001, 4:17 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jongar:
VIE-NRT-SIN-SYD-LAX-SAN-LAX-ORD-VIE
</font>
Am I missing something here? What part of that routing would bring you anywhere near Afghanistan? As far as I can tell the closest would be the VIE-NRT segment which likely takes you north of Moscow and then over Siberia.
Old Oct 2, 2001, 6:24 am
Original Poster

It was a good enough exuse for me to kill the plan and then book a different route to do lhr-san-yyz-sfo-sin-mel-nrt-sin-lhr in F.

Sometimes you just need to sound like you know what your talking about, so as to get what you want from your boss :P
Old Oct 2, 2001, 7:07 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jongar:
It was a good enough exuse for me to kill the plan and then book a different route to do lhr-san-yyz-sfo-sin-mel-nrt-sin-lhr in F.

Sometimes you just need to sound like you know what your talking about, so as to get what you want from your boss :P
</font>
Good for you. Seems to me your boss probably doesn't even know how to spell "Afghanistan" let alone has a clue where it is located. SIN-LHR might get you close, as opposed to any sector in your original plan...
Old Oct 2, 2001, 7:38 am
Original Poster

I wont hear anyone say anything bad about my boss - THATS MY JOB
Old Oct 2, 2001, 4:20 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Your boss got suckered into paying you F...???!!!! Geez....

(sorry, couldnt resist) LOL
Old Oct 2, 2001, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

no i just point out that lhr-sfo-lhr in J is £5873 and i can do a rtw for £4100 - he doesnt ask what class, i guess he assumes i do it in J - I never really thought about it
Old Oct 3, 2001, 10:23 am

Programs: QF Plat QC Life Member; AA Plat; EK Silv; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Sirius (Jumeirah) Silver
Do people actually pay £5873 for a J LHR-SFO-LHR fare?

I've never had a problem understanding the prices of concorde flights of F class fares but that's completely ridiculous isn't it?

Surely that's not the normal fare?
Old Oct 3, 2001, 10:34 am
Original Poster

That is the normal J fare - D is about 10% off. Corp discount is 16% off J.

Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.