Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Any way to traverse Australia now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2001, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold

If, say, you are doing a Star RTW via Australia, is there any way to stop in more than one Australian city any more? If not, I wonder if any of the remaining Star carriers here (basically, NZ, SQ and TG) would consider flying some flights with stopovers?

eg. If SQ flew MEL-PER-SIN and MEL-BNE-SIN, it would provide a way for Star RTW flyers to get across the country, if that were allowed.
Old Sep 24, 2001, 2:16 pm

TG flies SYD-MEL
Old Sep 25, 2001, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Elsewhere you'd have to take Qantas.
Old Sep 26, 2001, 1:46 am

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
Kremmen
SQ used to fly SIN Adelaide on a regular basis and there are several Perth Asia direct flights weekly. This may help if you can dont want to visit the East Coast,

------------------
JBC
If it is to be, it is up to me
Old Sep 27, 2001, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by John Cogley:
SQ used to fly SIN Adelaide on a regular basis and there are several Perth Asia direct flights weekly
</font>
Last time I flew it, SQ flew Perth to Asia twice daily. My point was that flying MEL-PER via SIN burns an awful lot of miles on a RTW.
Old Sep 28, 2001, 5:50 am

I hope someone does get it together. I had four AN flights domestic flights booked on a *A RTW for December. The only thing that stopped me crying over that is the fact that I now hear I should be worried about my three NZ flights in January as part of the same itinerary.

*A might have to rewrite the dictionary entry for RTW at this rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.