Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

noone told me that its best to book directly with the airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2001, 2:24 am
Original Poster

so i have a star lite ticket with a couple of now defunct UA legs (hkg-del and del-lhr); managed to get the del-lhr fixed with an alliance carrier but the other leg is kaput..wont bend the rules for 416 miles to go to del via bkk; got a bit heated and felt ashamed..but is there an alliance or not? UA keep saying..oh well its not our ticket (even tho the majority of it is on UA metal) so no way..how can i be so graspy at a time like this? well at least the lost of those status miles which will cost me 1K status with UA is something concrete i can focus on, when everything is so scary..but i think the alliance owes me 1449 miles as they put me on a non- alliance carrier..
yuk what a creep ive become..
Old Sep 24, 2001, 2:49 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
if a booked/confirmed (UA) flight is cancelled and you are put for that flight segment on another (in your case Non-Star-Alliance-) carrier, you can get miles for both: the cancelled flight (credited as status miles too on your UA account) and the actual flight (credited to a ff-account related to that other carrier).

So mileage (and status) wise you win.

UA agents can provide you a special paper-request for such (not unusual) 'happenings' (You need to know and give the actual ticket-#, the flight dates and the reason for the rebooking).

Be happy and smile.
Old Sep 24, 2001, 10:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I had the same problem with a C RTW, issued by British Midland. Luckily my re-route HKG-BKK-DEL-FRA-LHR came in just under the 39000 miles. However, UA now threaten to cancel HKG-NRT-HKG, so I may be stuck.

------------------
Yes, I'm standing for TalkBoard too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.