Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access upon arrival

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2001, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access upon arrival

I'm flying to Stockholm (ARN) tomorrow and upon arrival, I would like to hang out for about 4 hours until my manager arrives on another flight. The information I find on the *A website indicates that lounge access is available only for departing passengers. Is this true?

I'm 1K on United, *A gold, flying in Business class (would be 1st if LH would honor the UA upgrades). What are my choices?

-Tom
Old May 31, 2001, 8:26 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
I am aware that with 1W you do have problems trying to use their lounges after you've arrived at your final destination.

On the other hand with Star Alliance I have had excellent experiences just by producing the *A Gold Card.

I would bet you stand very good chances. If it comes to the worst scenario of being asked for the ticket out, just explain what you told us here and show them your boarding pass to that airport with a *A carrier.

[This message has been edited by pb9997 (edited 05-31-2001).]
Old May 31, 2001, 8:56 pm
Original Member

Just was in ARN over the weekend--they didn't bat an eye at my *G card. Don't think there would be any problem.

jl
Old Jun 4, 2001, 3:42 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">I am aware that with 1W you do have problems trying to use their lounges after you've arrived at your final destination. </font>
This must have been station specific. I was told in two different 1W AA ACs that use of lounge privileges is extended to arriving and departing pax.
Old Jun 5, 2001, 12:02 am

Programs: AGR Select +
I'm a 1K Million Miler - no problem with the lounge - just show your card. I was not asked if I was arriving or departing. Good luck.
Old Jun 17, 2001, 7:34 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by SB1k:

I'm 1K on United, *A gold, flying in Business class (would be 1st if LH would honor the UA upgrades).

-Tom
</font>
LH does not have first class on any flight to ARN as intra-European flights are all C-Y class. So it would be hard for them to honor the UA upgrade, (which they would if it were from Y to C)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.