Search

NZ res agent

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2000, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
NZ res agent

Just got off the phone with res. I have a three segment trip within OZ and NZ. On the computer, the trip costs $545. The agent quoted me $780. That quote was based on the air pass. I suggested the agent price the trip without the air pass. His response was, "It will be twice as much." When I told him about the $545 fare, he said, "That's an internet only fare." I asked him again to verify the fare. He said, "I know what I am doing because I do these all the time."

He then priced the ticket, segment by segment, quoting me $830. I asked him AGAIN to book it a a trip. Finally he relented, and he came out with $545.

He was not happy, and suggested, "this must be a new fare."

It annoyed me. Not the best way to earn customer loyalty.
Old Oct 29, 2000, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Don't book it yet if you don't have to - there will be a spate of discounting nationwide announced tommorow, Monday here I understand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.