RTW question (2)

Old Oct 20, 2000, 9:43 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
RTW question (2)

If Im on a multi-continent (ie. Asia - Europe - North America) full fare business class ticket thats over US$ 10K, is it feasible to switch to a RTW type ticket in the middle of the itinerary?

If so, will it be feasible for my company to get a refund on the fare difference?

I have to plan my early December travel and I dont think I will be able to go RTW since I may have to backtrack continents. But if at a later stage I dont, I would like to be able to switch back (if possible).

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Oct 20, 2000, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've wrestled with this one before and have, at least on one occasion, kept my RTW as is and purchased a 2nd, independent R/T for the "back-tracky-parts" stuffed in the middle of my RTW. For said itinerary I still "saved" ~ $2,500 by doing it this way. (For me a 29k RTW Business Class costs $5,670 + tax, which for most of my itineraries is usually 50-60% of a comparable non-RTW fare.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.