Mileage Plus on SQ Flights

Old Oct 25, 00, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Mileage Plus on SQ Flights

I live in Tokyo and fly frequently to/from LAX. I realize SQ is a part of Star Alliance and would like to know if I can earn UA miles on SQ flights between NRT/LAX. If I fly C class will I earn extra? What about premier bonuses? Can someone please advise, thanks.
Old Oct 25, 00, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Welcome to your debut post Eusebio!

On every coach flight you get 100% of miles flown on SQ into your MP aco.... as long as you enter that # when you book the flight, or at least before you take off.

In paid C you get 125% of miles flown. No other bonus on UA tho if flying SQ.

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Oct 25, 00, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi Eusibio

(Confirming ozstamps' post) My experiences this year are that on all my Business Class (paid) flights on SQ I receieved 100% STATUS miles with UA Mileage Plus, and an additional 25% BONUS PROGRAM miles.

Example: (from my recent *A RTW)
21-Sep-00
SQ 0025 C Class FRA to SIN
Actual Bonus Total
6387 1597 7984

(where Actual = UA M+ Premier Qualifying STATUS miles)

Of course the smarter thing to do, for me anyway, would have been to credit my SQ Business Class flights to my Lufthansa Miles & More Account where I would get 200% STATUS miles.
Old Oct 25, 00, 9:17 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
and from the date that you become a LH Frequent Flier you will even get 250% status miles on all StarAlliance business flights (125% in paid eco, 375% in paid first).
Old Oct 25, 00, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rudi,

Maybe it's because I'm based in the U.S. but I understood that once I reach Frequent Traveller status in LH M&M (35,000 miles) that I would get just a 25% bonus regardless of class of service? (That's what's posted on the U.S. M&M site.) Your post indicates a 50% bonus for Business Class.

Example, I am an FT and I fly 1,000 miles in Business Class. How many Status miles do I receive? (Possible answers: 2,000 or 2,250 or 2,500.)
Old Oct 25, 00, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold
The correct answer is: You receive 25% status bonus based on your 2000 biz status miles (1000 base miles x 2 biz bonus), i. e. 2500 status miles.
Old Oct 25, 00, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I get it. Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 00, 2:29 pm
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Hi Eusebio-- I would add one suggestion to all the valuable info. posted above.

If you like SQ and will fly them often, do not forget to register with SQ in their FFP, Krisflyer. This way, you can fly SQ, book mileage to UA Mplus (or any other FFP that allows accrual with SQ) but still get credit for the PPS segments for flying business on SQ metal. (this will be PPS sector credit only, not mileage). All you need are 25 sectors in 12 consecutive months (no need to be calendar year) to attain PPS status. SQ PPS will give you *A Gold status and access to the coveted SQ Silver Kris lounges, plus the usual priority on waitlists that are useful on SQ's J class that are full many times. Once you get your PPS status, I suggest you reserve your SQ segments with the PPS fflyer no., and then upon checkin swap to your FFP of choice to get the miles booked where you wish to have them.

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Oct 25, 00, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all so much. I love UA miles but not the flights (at least 890/897)-- attendants are extremely senior; they don't speak Japanese although they look like they do, always packed to the capacity, and upper deck exit row aisle seats are booked long before I ever think about taking a trip. I am glad now I have a choice of ANA and SQ when going to LA. Tks again
Old Oct 27, 00, 7:41 am

I also recall on another thread that NRT-LAX in Biz on SQ can be had for around $1800 US.
Old Oct 27, 00, 9:42 am

Originally posted by crankyusi:
I also recall on another thread that NRT-LAX in Biz on SQ can be had for around $1800 US.
Yes, but this is valid for only two weeks, though. With around 1,200 USD, you can fly business class from BKK to LAX on NH. This is return and valid for one year.

A nice mileague run on LH's M&M, as this is via NRT. Around 8,300 actual flight miles one way.

[This message has been edited by Chiangi (edited 10-27-2000).]
Old Oct 27, 00, 12:38 pm

Originally posted by Chiangi:
Yes, but this is valid for only two weeks, though. With around 1,200 USD, you can fly business class from BKK to LAX on NH.
Chiangi, you always impress me. .

Search this Thread