Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*Alliance Gold and the new United Rules

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*Alliance Gold and the new United Rules

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
I think the issue there is there's no disclosure at purchase that you're being forced into an LH "lite" fare.

Note that UA will give *Gs the normal luggage allowance even on a basic economy fare.
TP does that also on their discount no luggage fares, and they have a note stating that Star Golds allowed their allowance.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
TP does that also on their discount no luggage fares, and they have a note stating that Star Golds allowed their allowance.
But TP never show the fare class you are booking into so you have no idea how many miles you'll get if you don't credit their scheme.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA-plat, HH-Diamond, Marriott-gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
And no advance seat selection or ability to change the ticket. I would avoid them.
definitely agree
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:59 pm

Where should I credit my business class flight (JFK-Turkey-Budapest) butt in seat miles flown on Turkish Airlines? If this matters, the airfare was $5500.

From JFK, I mainly fly to ICN and LAX and want to use my miles for economy reward tickets to ICN or LAX. Should I add my Turkish "butt in seat" miles to Asiana or United Airlines? Could you explain some pros/cons/general advice on where to place these miles? Do I just call the airline and tell them I want to add flown miles to a different airline?

A few other points:
-I tend to buy the cheapest flight possible
-I fly 1-2x/year to Asia, 3x to LA, 1x to Europe
-I will never fly to Turkey again
-I don't understand Star Gold alliance status or levels and have been with sky team for 15 years
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Asiana for sure. Excellent award chart. But you should have made a separate thread for this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.