Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Seychelles International Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Dear Flytalk Experts,

I have United miles, and I was considering an epic adventure from the US (JFK?) to SEZ. I see that there are star alliance carriers who (with a single connection) can accomplish this routing. But I can't get it to come up on United's site. I also tried on the major airline alliances as I have miles on oneworld and skyteam, and I couldn't get it to come up on AA or Delta either.

Anyone know whether I can book this with miles, whether it would be considered a single ticket (how many miles), and what the process is?

Thank you,

BJfly

Last edited by BJfly; Jan 6, 2017 at 5:17 am
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:59 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Try using google flights to check the schedules and input as a multi city in the UA award flight flight search.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

UAL won't accept SEZ

i tried that. None of the US based airlines would let me use the SEZ airport.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA executive platinum, United premier gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
Well that's odd. I just went to the Seychelles in July of 2016 using United miles.
2 one way tickets (used AA on Etihad to come back) in business class for 90,000 apiece. Tus-SFO-FRA on united and FRA-ADD-SEZ on Ethiopian. Easy to book, I remember plenty of availability almost every Sat, Tues and Thurs for all of july and Aug. Originally was scheduled with TK (Tus-Sfo-Ist) and then the rest on Ethiopian but there was some problem with TK saying no reservation showing and United insisted it was confirmed, so I eventully changed it.
Didn't even use a multicity search, just inputted Tus- Sez and it came up with many flights
Old Jan 6, 2017, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Each direction was 2 tickets?

That sounds like what I want to do. But are you saying that you have to book 2 tickets each way, or it was considered one through itinerary in each direction? 180k points total or 360k total for the round trip?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

UA will only show the flights if there are award seats open. And on partners that means saver award inventory. So find seats from the hub to SEZ and then build the trip from there. Good luck; those are not east awards to come by.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I used UA miles to fly CLE-xxx-JNB and then ADD-xxx-CLE and I think the tickets from SEZ to ADD were less than $200 or perhaps $300. It's a fairly short flight. (I visited Mauritius and Madagascar as well as the Seychelles on the trip and the flights between the islands were fairly cheap.) You might consider getting award tickets to ADD and buying tickets to SEZ from there.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
It may be the dates you are looking at that nothing is available. Are you looking too far into the future (beyond Nov 2017)? I just pulled up options departing JFK on both Ethiopian and Turkish with United Saver Award availability in both economy or business class. I randomly picked a two week period in September. Google flights and other websites will return options to purchase as well. Keep trying various dates/months on United.com and you will find some.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.