Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Checking Through Luggage on SQ and SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond

I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere. I am flying SIN to CDG on SQ and then CDG to CPH on SAS on two separate tickets. Will SQ check our bags all the way through to CPH since both are *A? I'm a oneworld flyer typically, not sure how *A works. Thanks.
Old May 17, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: SK EBG *G
Usually they can do that. I was in a similar situation where I was flying UA first and then SK on a separate PNR. UA sorted it out manually at the check-in and bag was checked through just fine.
They need to see your second ticket though so easiest is to bring a print of the CDG-CPH ticket/boarding pass.

Edited to add that they do have Baggage Interline Agreements.
Old May 17, 2016, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Thanks! Much appreciated!
Old May 18, 2016, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jepiv
I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere. I am flying SIN to CDG on SQ and then CDG to CPH on SAS on two separate tickets. Will SQ check our bags all the way through to CPH since both are *A? I'm a oneworld flyer typically, not sure how *A works. Thanks.
if they do not allow to baggage transfer you have go out from immigration and check in again
Old May 20, 2016, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It is almost certain that SQ will tag your bags to final destination. Just bring a print-out of your SK ticket with you to check-in at SIN and explain that you will continue to CPH on separate ticket.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
SQ are really good with this at SIN based on my limited experience.

UA have certainly refused to check through to another SQ, but never seen this with SQ.

Not sure whether class of service and / or SQ status impacts how flexible SQ are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.