Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who issues the RTW ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

If I create and purchase a CRWSTARn ticket on the *A web site, on which company's stock is the ticket issued? Do I have the option of choosing?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 5:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The web bookings are handled by LH unless things have recently changed.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: LH HON

Of course, you can call the airline of your choice and book with them directly.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks, sbm12 and daumueller.

I understand that I can call any of the carriers, but I need to buy an ex-Japan RTW, and buying the ticket through the online tool simplifies things enormously. I was in fact hoping to get an LH-written ticket, rather than one issued by the 1st intercontinental carrier (NH) or my home-country carrier (UA).
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by wideman
Thanks, sbm12 and daumueller.

I understand that I can call any of the carriers, but I need to buy an ex-Japan RTW, and buying the ticket through the online tool simplifies things enormously. I was in fact hoping to get an LH-written ticket, rather than one issued by the 1st intercontinental carrier (NH) or my home-country carrier (UA).
It will be on LH. I have done it twice already this year, once where I did not have a single leg on LH.

For anyone else reading this thread, by using the Star online booking tool and starting out from Japan you will get always get the (currently) lower ex-Japan fare and issued on LH stock. It does not matter which airlines you are booking. If you call UA in the US you will get the US based fare which is significantly higher. You could call UA's Japan reservations number, however, and get the lower ex-Japan fare on UA ticket stock and then also get PQDs for Mileage Plus.

Last edited by uanj; Oct 7, 2015 at 4:58 am Reason: clarity
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:44 pm

I live part of the year in Japan, and purchase RW tickets starting there. I have tried several times (different agents) to book via United, but each time was told that the first flight dictates the issuing carrier. This seems to be incorrect, but I have not been able to convince the UAL agents otherwise. They are friendly, but it is always "no", unless the first flight is on United.
(I have had flights on ANA and Thai out of Japan, and booked via the online tool - ticket was issued on LH as mentioned elsewhere)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.