Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Baggage Check on Multi-Stop Star Alliance Itinirary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mega Bus Plaid; Southwest Airlines Ruby and Bates Motel Platinum

I am traveling in August to Africa to climb Kilimanjaro. My current itinerary routes me from ORD-WAW-ZRH-IST and then JRO. I have a 22/23 hour stops in WAW and ZRH and a 6 hour layover in IST. The current agenda has me flying 3 different *A carriers. I am wanting to bring a bag of supplies with me, but am trying to figure out if I can check it through all the way to my destination or whether I will have to claim it and check it along the way. I can do without the contents and would rather have it meet me at the destination, but also worry about it not showing up as well. Does anyone have any insight into how this is handled? Is there a *A policy? and any possible recommendations? I did a quick search, but could not find recent updates. Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite

It is your choice. Tell the ticket agent at checkin what you want to do. All *A airlines have baggage agreements with each other. Checked baggage allowances vary based on where you check the bag so the allowance from stop 1 may be less than at stop 3.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:04 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
You're very unlikely to be able to check bags all the way through. The IST-JRO flight departs around 3 days after you check in at ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.