Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*G benefits when using *S card from another FF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

I currently have BR*G, but I am trying to accumulate miles on my aeroplan now. When I booked my flight, I entered my aeroplan number, which also means I lose the extra luggage allowance privilege. Will I be able to just show up and show them my BR*G card to get all the *G privileges (lounge access, extra luggage, priority boarding, etc) back without actually using that card for my flight? Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:53 pm

Yes - that will work fine. The only things you lose out on would be slightly higher chance of an op-up and better treatment in the case of irrops... I have read that some airlines even allow you to enter two FF numbers on your booking - one for benefits and one to which miles are accrued. I'm not sure how common this is though...
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by gonzalesflyer
Yes - that will work fine. The only things you lose out on would be slightly higher chance of an op-up and better treatment in the case of irrops... I have read that some airlines even allow you to enter two FF numbers on your booking - one for benefits and one to which miles are accrued. I'm not sure how common this is though...
Actually no, if you hand in your *G card at checkin, the agent will change your FF# to the one on the *G card. Same thing with lounge access, many airlines now will just scan your boarding pass to see if you qualify to go in or not, if their computer show you are *S, you wouldn't get access, so then you hand in *G card, they will change your FF# to the one on the *G card in order to bill the airline you are *G with.

The only thing you may get away is at boarding.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:48 am

Everytime I fly with UA, I use A3*G to get access to United Club, not changing my FFP number in my boarding pass. And finally, every mile has been creditted to Mileage Plus account.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Actually no, if you hand in your *G card at checkin, the agent will change your FF# to the one on the *G card. Same thing with lounge access, many airlines now will just scan your boarding pass to see if you qualify to go in or not, if their computer show you are *S, you wouldn't get access, so then you hand in *G card, they will change your FF# to the one on the *G card in order to bill the airline you are *G with.
Never got changed my FF# at lounge. Just once they tried in KIV but simply stopped them. In most cases a combo BP/card let pax in.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:09 pm

What is BR*G ?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by THE LSE
What is BR*G ?
EVA Air *G
Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:48 pm

Thanks. What is *G. ?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll give it a try, I just don't see any point in staying with EVA anymore. Their upgrade awards requirements are pathetic...

Originally Posted by THE LSE
Thanks. What is *G. ?
Star Alliance Gold.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 9:18 am
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Danny Yang
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll give it a try, I just don't see any point in staying with EVA anymore. Their upgrade awards requirements are pathetic...

Everyone is leaving Infinity MileageLands. rofl

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.