FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Star Alliance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance-413/)
-   -   *G benefits when using *S card from another FF (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance/1521459-g-benefits-when-using-s-card-another-ff.html)

Danny Yang Nov 13, 2013 9:06 pm

*G benefits when using *S card from another FF

I currently have BR*G, but I am trying to accumulate miles on my aeroplan now. When I booked my flight, I entered my aeroplan number, which also means I lose the extra luggage allowance privilege. Will I be able to just show up and show them my BR*G card to get all the *G privileges (lounge access, extra luggage, priority boarding, etc) back without actually using that card for my flight? Thanks!

gonzalesflyer Nov 13, 2013 10:53 pm

Yes - that will work fine. The only things you lose out on would be slightly higher chance of an op-up and better treatment in the case of irrops... I have read that some airlines even allow you to enter two FF numbers on your booking - one for benefits and one to which miles are accrued. I'm not sure how common this is though...

ORDnHKG Nov 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by gonzalesflyer (Post 21782000)
Yes - that will work fine. The only things you lose out on would be slightly higher chance of an op-up and better treatment in the case of irrops... I have read that some airlines even allow you to enter two FF numbers on your booking - one for benefits and one to which miles are accrued. I'm not sure how common this is though...

Actually no, if you hand in your *G card at checkin, the agent will change your FF# to the one on the *G card. Same thing with lounge access, many airlines now will just scan your boarding pass to see if you qualify to go in or not, if their computer show you are *S, you wouldn't get access, so then you hand in *G card, they will change your FF# to the one on the *G card in order to bill the airline you are *G with.

The only thing you may get away is at boarding.

happyforever021 Nov 14, 2013 8:48 am

Everytime I fly with UA, I use A3*G to get access to United Club, not changing my FFP number in my boarding pass. And finally, every mile has been creditted to Mileage Plus account.

Forrest Bump Nov 14, 2013 9:51 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 21782038)
Actually no, if you hand in your *G card at checkin, the agent will change your FF# to the one on the *G card. Same thing with lounge access, many airlines now will just scan your boarding pass to see if you qualify to go in or not, if their computer show you are *S, you wouldn't get access, so then you hand in *G card, they will change your FF# to the one on the *G card in order to bill the airline you are *G with.

Never got changed my FF# at lounge. Just once they tried in KIV but simply stopped them. In most cases a combo BP/card let pax in.

THE LSE Nov 14, 2013 4:09 pm

What is BR*G ?

LA_Traveler Nov 14, 2013 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by THE LSE (Post 21786598)
What is BR*G ?

EVA Air *G

THE LSE Nov 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Thanks. What is *G. ?

Danny Yang Nov 17, 2013 11:51 am

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll give it a try, I just don't see any point in staying with EVA anymore. Their upgrade awards requirements are pathetic...

Originally Posted by THE LSE (Post 21792710)
Thanks. What is *G. ?

Star Alliance Gold.

tya Nov 18, 2013 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Danny Yang (Post 21800543)
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll give it a try, I just don't see any point in staying with EVA anymore. Their upgrade awards requirements are pathetic...

Everyone is leaving Infinity MileageLands. :D rofl