Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Which airlines of *A does not expire miles fast?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM FB Silver

Hi! I am looking for a *A airlines that do not expire miles as long as one keeps accumulating miles with them. I travel frequently with Turkish airlines but every year, they expire some miles that were not used. How about Lufthansa or United?

Thanks.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA Executive, DL Skymiles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Executive Elite

Air Canada doesn't expire as long as you have 1 activity per year on your account. I believe Aegean has a similar policy plus you can get *A Gold with 25K miles
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by siaa380
Air Canada doesn't expire as long as you have 1 activity per year on your account. I believe Aegean has a similar policy plus you can get *A Gold with 25K miles
As per A3 (Aegean) website..."Once you have collected 16,000 miles within one year from the date which you qualified to the Blue status,(4000) you will receive the Gold Card."
Soo U could get *A gold after 2RT's on C class
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by siaa380
A3 *Gold requires 19,000 status miles starting from zero, assuming that you get the standard 1,000 welcome miles and earn everything within a year before the status miles start to expire.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

Assuming you are talking about the miles redeemable for awards, and not status qualifying miles.

If that's the case, UA is actually more generous than AC, as all mileage is good until used, as long as you earn or redeem a mile once every 18 months. Even if you don't fly much, they make it pretty easy, as there are plenty of (low cost) ways to earn miles, such as buying a single song on iTunes (or buy from another merchant) going through their online shopping portal (MP shopping). There are also ways to redeem easily, like for magazine/newspaper subscriptions, donations, etc. However, not sure where the OP is based, or how many of these might apply outside if the US.

As for qualifying miles, US, UA and AC all expire at the end of the calendar year, so if you haven't earned status by Dec. 31, that counter resets on Jan. 1. But that doesn't have an affect on any miles available for redemption. Not sure if some of the other EU-based programs might be different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.