Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

How Many Airlines Are Leaving *A

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Many Airlines Are Leaving *A

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:02 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by InfiniteCycle
I would be more concerned about Star Alliance because of the moves that Lufthansa and the LH group are making away from the alliance. German domestic flights on 4U - no longer part of Star Alliance. Decreased access to award space to non Miles & More frequent fliers on Swiss. It is a similar model to that of SQ. Now this is really where the alliance is suffering - not in terms of the number of member airlines, but what the alliance means for customers - which is increasingly less.
It seems like that's the trend in *A nowadays, with UA instituting a minimum spend on UA-stock tickets to earn elite status. There appears to be less cooperative & more self-serving attitudes amongst the member airlines. Not to mention less benefits for elites on member airlines.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.