Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX Business to St. Petersburg RU next Sept.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2013, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

I would like to book LAX to St. Petersburg Russia (LED) next September. It is not 331 days yet but I have been checking August availability to get an idea and it does not look good. I tried right after midnight for August 29 but there was NOTHING in Business. I would love the direct LH flight to FRA but all I have seen over this past week is connections using UAL all way to FRA and then LH to LED. I really want to do LH over the water. Does LH hold back Business the way they hold First and release in the last 2 weeks? Should I book UAL or maybe AC with connections in business if I find it and then try to switch to LH (and pay the fees). What are the chances of LH flights into FRA from any US airport opening up?
I would sign up for expert flyer. I was able to get LH direct LAX to FRA business in the past but maybe those days are over.
Thank you very much in advance.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 12:56 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I just flew LH to AMS from IAD (this Sept) and booked my tix about 6 months in advance, just to give you a data point. There was certainly plenty of availability in C from IAD and I could have had my pick of dates when I booked in March.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by maryflyer
I would like to book LAX to St. Petersburg Russia (LED) next September. It is not 331 days yet but I have been checking August availability to get an idea and it does not look good. I tried right after midnight for August 29 but there was NOTHING in Business. I would love the direct LH flight to FRA but all I have seen over this past week is connections using UAL all way to FRA and then LH to LED. I really want to do LH over the water. Does LH hold back Business the way they hold First and release in the last 2 weeks? Should I book UAL or maybe AC with connections in business if I find it and then try to switch to LH (and pay the fees). What are the chances of LH flights into FRA from any US airport opening up?
I would sign up for expert flyer. I was able to get LH direct LAX to FRA business in the past but maybe those days are over.
Thank you very much in advance.
LAX-FRA in I is wide,wide open on LH next September. Several flights every day.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Oh. I failed to mention that I have UAL miles so I have to book thru UAL. I am assuming you are looking at LH using LH miles. I wish I had those. Any suggestions on how to get those seats with UAL miles? Does it help to call in?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:11 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by maryflyer
Oh. I failed to mention that I have UAL miles so I have to book thru UAL. I am assuming you are looking at LH using LH miles. I wish I had those. Any suggestions on how to get those seats with UAL miles? Does it help to call in?
Just to add, my tix were on AV miles so I would presume they would be the same inventory as UA
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. That is encouraging because UAL does not show anything right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.