Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Honeymoon Trip: IAD (or LAX) to NAN (Fiji) next June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Greetings -- I'm a long-time fan and lurker on FT but haven't posted much. I've been diligently saving US Airways miles (200k in the bank now) and am ready to redeem on *A award travel to Fiji for my honeymoon next June.

I'm targeting departure on Sunday 6/15/2014 and return on Thursday 6/26/2014. Most ideal departure airport is IAD, but if award flights are easier to find from LAX, I'm willing to pay for flights to/from IAD-LAX, then book award travel to/from LAX-NAN.

I've been scouring AwardTravelr for several weeks now and have finally found outbound flights from LAX that work with just one layover (LAX-AKL, then AKL-NAN). However, only economy available, no business. Also, I can't find any returns except inconvenient legs with stops in AKL and NRT. Carrier for all flights appears to be Air New Zealand.

Any guidance or suggestions? Would love to find business class and just one stop each way.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by aharris; Sep 24, 2013 at 9:08 pm
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:36 pm

Programs: AC
Air New Zealand is the only *A carrier to NAN, so you'll have to route through AKL no matter what. And finding one business class seat on their trans-Pacific flights is tough, let alone two. More business class options may turn up if you're willing to route through NRT, PVG or HKG on your way to AKL, but it may be too late for June 2014.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:48 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Note some NZ flights to South Pacific are economy only. For business class look for 767 or 772 aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.