Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

booked "RTW" fair first LH, TG, OZ... tips?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2013, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Well, I've been trying to book this trip for a while. I wanted to try LH 744 first class out and the FCT and all that in FRA, so i had to book close in.

Finally got everything done, and I'm quite please for the most part.
A couple of useless legs transferring too and from hubs stateside, but that's because United or *A don't have much presence here in Atlanta.

So, here we go.

9/16
ATL-EWR (coach regional)
EWR-FRA (first LH744)
FRA-DXB (first LH744)

stopover

10/3
DXB-BKK (business TG, 2 cabin)

10/7
BKK-ICN (TG coach)
ICN-JFK (OZ first 777 300er)
JFK-CLT
CLT-ATL

All cost 140k miles plus 119.00 + 75.00 + 25.00 phone booking.

Not too shabby.... I can deal with the extra flying on the way back, as I'm pretty excited to try Asiana first on the ICN-JFK leg. I think that's on the newly outfitted 77w.

Any tips to maximize my experience? Also been wondering what to do in BKK? I have a few hours of quick business then I decided I'll take a few days to hang out, since I'm there on a free.
-Would really like to catch the Liverpool game (should be on NBC) while I'm stuck at Newark, should be 3pm. flights at 630.
I'll be in FRA for 7-8 hours and ICN for about 3.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
You may want to try flying F on TG by routing BKK-HKG-ICN or BKK-PEK-ICN so that you can enjoy Thai F lounge in BKK and also 1 hour complimentary massage in Royal Thai Spa. You need fly out in F from BKK in order to use F lounge. Thai does not offer F to ICN from BKK non-stop. You have to route thru HKG or PEK. TG uses A380 on HKG route if you care.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Interesting. I might skip the thai lounge this time. I'll be in bangkok for a few days and plan to get a quality massage at least once daily, so I'll save the F lounge for when I'm just transiting. I will try and get it changed to business class from economy if a seat opens up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.