Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*G Lounge Access on award ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold

Hello,

I booked a saver award business ticket on Asiana for SFO-ICN via UA MP. I am UA 1K/*G/UC member.

I see there's a Singapore Business lounge and a Eva Air First/Business lounge at SFO. On the *A site, it says only revenue customers are allowed in for intl business lounges. Do they enforce this regularly?

Do I have any chance in getting into those lounges, or am I stuck with UC?

Thanks,

Tom9984
Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond

Star Alliance award tickets are, for purposes of lounge access, considered "revenue tickets" (paid with miles). You should have access to any Star Gold designated lounges along your itinerary. ^
Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the clarification!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 3:11 pm

Make sure to check the opening times of the SQ and BR lounges. I believe they are only open around the times of their respective flights. The UC on the other hand is open all day.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:48 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
I believe that the SQ and BR clubs at SFO only allow admittance to customers flying on their metal that day. Yes; this is not in line with the published *A lounge access policy.

SunLover
Old Sep 5, 2013, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I has been reported in other threads that at SFO at least SQ will not allow *A Gold pax flying other metal in Y, e.g. UA, to enter the lounge. It maybe different when you are in C, however, I would not be suprised if SQ refers you to the OZ lounge (regardless of any publsihed *A lounge access policy).
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, United Club, AA EP, BR, CI, CX, WN, SPG, HH, Marriott Gold, LeClub Accor PLAT
I have had success entering the SKL at SFO as recently as June 2013, traveling outbound in intl Y on UA as a UA *G member. The receptionist was aware that Premier 1K's are *G and didn't ask to see my *G card. All she did was jot down my name, ticket and flight numbers on her clipboard.

Will you be originating your travels at SFO? If so, unless you have a gate pass, you won't be able to get to the UA, SQ or BR lounges, since they're on the international G concourse side. OZ departs from the international A concourse.

This link may help answer some questions: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...ng-sfo-oz.html

Have a great trip!
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:13 am

When I tried to access the BR lounge a month ago the lady told me that they only allow *G passengers traveling on an international flight i.e. leaving the US into their lounge because it is so small. For anyone who is traveling on a domestic flight they will refer you to the UC.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by iAMreallyBORED

Will you be originating your travels at SFO? If so, unless you have a gate pass, you won't be able to get to the UA, SQ or BR lounges, since they're on the international G concourse side. OZ departs from the international A concourse.
+1

OP basically can only use OZ's contract lounge in SFO, which is CI lounge.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:15 am
Original Poster

OP here, thanks everyone...didn't realize I was in Terminal A as I haven't flown Asiana from SFO before....and yes I'm originating from SFO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.