Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

baggage allowance for star alliance award ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United

i have an upcoming trip in Y with *G status

WAS - FRA (LH)
FRA - ICN (OZ)

the baggage allowance for LH is 2 bags, 23kg each
the baggage allowance for OZ is 40kg

so for OZ, it does not matter how many pieces i have as long as the total weight is less than 40 kg? in other word, if i check two bags and the total weight is less than 40 kg (the lower between LH and OZ), i should be ok. is this logic correct?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by opusone
i have an upcoming trip in Y with *G status

WAS - FRA (LH)
FRA - ICN (OZ)

the baggage allowance for LH is 2 bags, 23kg each
the baggage allowance for OZ is 40kg

so for OZ, it does not matter how many pieces i have as long as the total weight is less than 40 kg? in other word, if i check two bags and the total weight is less than 40 kg (the lower between LH and OZ), i should be ok. is this logic correct?
The baggage allowance for OZ is 40kg however it is total weight of your luggage including your carryon luggage.

Here is the link for more details.
http://chkin.flyasiana.com/English/F...ee_baggage.jsp
Old Jun 21, 2013, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If this is all on one itinerary (let's presume ticket for these purposes), because the itinerary originates in the US, your allowance for the entire itinerary is the allowance for the first segment, e.g., 2 bags @23.

This should be reflected on the e-ticket receipt you received when you booked.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United
thanks. i confirmed that it is 2 bags @23kg.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:55 am

Hi

I have booked an award ticket operated by TG+LH using my TK miles. Booking was made through the Turkish Airlines Sales Office in Copenhagen.

1 TG 625 I FR 13OCT MNLBKK HK1 X 2000 2215 E
2 TG 920 O FR 13OCT BKKFRA HK1 2345 0600*1E
3 LH 824 I SA 14OCT FRACPH HK1 0755 0915 E

Taxes have been paid and the ticket has now been issued. To my surprise I only have 30kg baggage allowance although the lowest class of travel is business (the longest segment is TG First class).

I contacted TG, they said that TK must have made a mistake while booking the ticket, but TK say they cannot do anything to change the allowance.

Anyone experinced this before?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.