Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

star alliance airline partners: benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, AC 25k

So I'm a pretty new Star Gold flyer and I just had a rejection into a lounge here in Frankfurt. I Booked a flight Air Dolimiti FRA-VRN with a 6+ hr layover with the understanding from the booking agent that I could get into the lounge with star gold. Otherwise I would have routed my flights differently to avoid this huge layover.

So is the moral of the story to ignore any ambiguous 'Partner of ________' and just book flights that are crystal clear Star Alliance airlines? Being from Canada we don't have any different airlines so It's new for me. Quite an unpleasant surprise especially when I had to check in at Lufthansa and again was assured by two different agents that I could use the lounge.
Old May 30, 2013, 5:41 am

Programs: UX FB Gold, TK*G
EN it's not *A member, so no benefits flying with them. that's a pity because they fly as LH partners...

Until a few months ago these flights are pure LH flights operated by EN, but only with LH code, from this moment, LH decided that EN will operate directly the flights and LH only put in them the codeshare. Same with 4U and domestic routes transfer.

I thinks that this movement it's to prevent mainly LH group customers to get easier status with other airlines such as A3 or TK. But in my opinion, these customers can easily go with KL or AF that usually offer status match from top tier status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.