Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Showers at Heathrow *A lounge...wait times?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, cattle-class with many others

Quick question for anyone familiar with the *A lounge at Heathrow Terminal 1. How short or long are "typical" morning wait times for arriving passengers desiring to take a quick shower? I'm flying SFO->LHR next week (scheduled arrival time of 7:10 AM) and would love to do so on arrival if I can expect to get in and out of the lounge within say 60-90 minutes.

And before anyone asks....no I"m not checking bags. Many thanks.....!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
FWIW I arrived on the late VS flight from LAX, transited to the *A terminal and lounge and walked straight to the showers with no wait. YMMV.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
You won't be able to access the airside lounge after arriving, unless you have a connection... Are you flying premium class, so that you're eligible for access to the Arrivals lounge?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
I never had to wait once in the AM. I don't remember how many showers they have, but it's several.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, cattle-class with many others
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
You won't be able to access the airside lounge after arriving, unless you have a connection... Are you flying premium class, so that you're eligible for access to the Arrivals lounge?
I'm *G (UA 1K) and, in addition, my GPU upgrade from coach to business class cleared earlier this week. So......I think either of these would make me eligible for access.

Thanks all for the replies!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by TallTexan
I'm *G (UA 1K) and, in addition, my GPU upgrade from coach to business class cleared earlier this week. So......I think either of these would make me eligible for access.

Thanks all for the replies!
Biz class gets in (technically it's paid biz class, but with the LHR *A no one usually checks this). *G does not. In any case, you should be able to get in. Used this many times, never had to wait at all. Probably depends on day of week to some extent, but LHR Arrivals is not a busy lounge by and large. Nice shower rooms, decent spread and hot breakfast will be produced cooked to order.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, LH, FB, Eurostar, SIXT Platinum, SLH, Sofitel Gold, Marriott Silver, Club Lee Gold
Visited on Friday off UA928 from ORD - landed (early) around 8h; straight through an 'E' Gate at Passport Control with no queue at all, and similarly straight into a shower room with no wait.

There are 10 rooms in all (if I remember correctly) and breakfast is indeed available to order in several different forms once ablutions are complete.

No more than five other guests taking breakfast when I was there - a welcome moment of calm between the flight and the onward journey.

JW
Old Apr 28, 2012, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by TallTexan
Quick question for anyone familiar with the *A lounge at Heathrow Terminal 1. How short or long are "typical" morning wait times for arriving passengers desiring to take a quick shower? I'm flying SFO->LHR next week (scheduled arrival time of 7:10 AM) and would love to do so on arrival if I can expect to get in and out of the lounge within say 60-90 minutes.

And before anyone asks....no I"m not checking bags. Many thanks.....!
This topic has been discussed ad nauseum. Here's one of the most pertinent threads http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ounge-lhr.html
As others have noted, you will have access for flying C/J (doesn't matter if you are upgraded). You have no access as *G.
Exit into the Arrivals Hall and walk across to bank of elevators on far side (past car rental desks).
I've never had to wait more than 5 mins for a shower.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Never a wait and if you have 60-90 minutes, you're golden. If you're ever short on time, I place my breakfast order before hitting the shower and it's ready when I'm done. Great, underused (hopefully not so much that they close it) arrivals lounge.
Old May 11, 2012, 6:26 pm

LHR * arrivals

I've looked but w no luck

Q?......arriving into LHR on LH F originally from BOS via FRA overnight (so F for BOS>FRA, biz for fra>lhr leg)

Any arrival lounge access?
Old May 11, 2012, 10:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bizorbetter

Q?......arriving into LHR on LH F originally from BOS via FRA overnight (so F for BOS>FRA, biz for fra>lhr leg)

No. You will have access to the LH Sen lounge(s) in FRA.
Old May 12, 2012, 12:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Originally Posted by bizorbetter

No. You will have access to the LH Sen lounge(s) in FRA.
As I answered in the M&M forum LH does not have any arrival lounge in LHR, but as a passenger arriving on LH in F bizorbetter will have access to the FCL in FRA.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Here's a follow up-
I am flying SQ into LHR T3 in Y, and then I have a long layover before departing T1 on UA in Biz class. From any research I can find, there really isn't a good "arrivals" option for *A into T3 in Y class, even if you are *G or 1K whatever.

I'm thinking of transferring to T1, leaving my bags for the day at the small bag keep near the entrance of the arrivals lounge in T1, and spending 5 or 6 hours in London. I have a 10 hour layover lol.

The ? is, can I get into the T1 arrivals lounge on a DEPARTING biz class ticket? OR is it better to just go back through security and then I would use the Star Alliance lounge in T1 past security AFTER I've been in London all day....

Any thoughts? I've researched a bunch and broken it down to that...any help/experience appreciated.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JSlo
The ? is, can I get into the T1 arrivals lounge on a DEPARTING biz class ticket? OR is it better to just go back through security and then I would use the Star Alliance lounge in T1 past security AFTER I've been in London all day....

Any thoughts? I've researched a bunch and broken it down to that...any help/experience appreciated.
No access to Arrivals lounge on a departing ticket.
You can get into the *A lounge with your UA ticket and get a shower there.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Thanks! Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.