Wiki Posts
Search

BCN VAT Refunds and How Early to Arrive for a Non-Schengen Flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2024, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
BCN VAT Refunds and How Early to Arrive for a Non-Schengen Flight

We will be departing on 5/30 BCN to SFO on UA in business class at 4:00 PM. How early should we arrive at the airport with a VAT form to be stamped and luggage to check. Is there any sort of fast lane for security for business class and is there a convenient lounge available to UA pax? Is 3 hours too long or not enough?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 2:44 am

Yes, there is a "priority" security lane that you can use, to the left of the main security area.
And there is a lounge in the D/E gates area (from where the non-Schengen flights leave), after passport control.
ERtraveler likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Passed through BCN recently and the Non-Schengen lounge is the Miro Lounge near to gate D21, which I if I recall correctly is Left after you exit Security to the main concourse area, and up one floor.
ERtraveler likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by southlondonphil
Passed through BCN recently and the Non-Schengen lounge is the Miro Lounge near to gate D21, which I if I recall correctly is Left after you exit Security to the main concourse area, and up one floor.
Thanks for the reply. Did you happen to notice if the VAT refund office or kiosk was near the ticket counters or en route to security?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
On my last visit I was transiting so was never landside, and on the visit before that I had no reason to seek out a VAT refund so I'm afraid I don't know where this is in BCN but per AENA's (Spanish airport operator) website, for Terminal 1 it is located on Level 3 in the check-in area.

https://www.aena.es/en/josep-tarrade...at-refund.html.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by ERtraveler
Thanks for the reply. Did you happen to notice if the VAT refund office or kiosk was near the ticket counters or en route to security?
It's to the left of the (earlier mentioned) priority security lane (so before entering security).
ERtraveler likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Is 3 hours too long to allow transiting through this airport for a 4:00PM flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.