Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car rental on Madeira

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 4:00 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by frappant
If the crosswinds are mostly for an hour or two during the day, why wouldn't departing flights just be pushed back instead of canceled?

I guess the strategy would be to book with extra days arriving and departing and hope for the best?
Well, that hour or two can be a very long time if you have certain fuel reserves. And it's hard to fly a plane out if the the incoming plane isn't there.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by frappant
One of the flight options I'm considering is France to FNC and back.

I have to return to Paris because I'm flying out of CDG to return to the US. Outbound is SFO-CDG-NCE.

Transavia has a direct FNC-ORY flight every morning. There are other direct flights but they appear to depart in the afternoon so you get into Paris in the evening and it's only some days for RyanAir and EasyJet.

Other option is TAP which connects through LIS.

Has anyone flown Transavia? It lists a 737, economy-only flight.

On the outbound the early-morning departures for MRS-LIS-FNC or NCE-LIS-FNC are more than double the price of departing in the evening. TAP has departures at 6:05 and 18:35.
SATA/Azores Airlines flys NS fnc-bos on Wednesdays on a a330 if it helps.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 12:21 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Yesterday's news: https://www.madeiraislandnews.com/20...-diverted.html
enelym1978 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.