Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Does MAD T4 for IB within Schengen have conformance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy

Running a bit late for a MAD-LIS flight from MAD T4. Have checked in earlier today, dropped bags and have printed boarding passes. Hoping that MAD T4 does not have an LHR-type conformance system that would lock us out of the security line if we didn’t pass it at T-35 or some other cutoff time. Any experience here? Sorry for not posting on the IB forum but nobody seems to post there and even if they did they probably wouldn’t understand the gist of the question given the LHR analogy.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Not sure if they do, but they are often quick to offload you at T4 when the computer thinks you won’t make the connection (even though can easily make it to the gate before boarding finished). Haven’t figured out how to prevent this yet, but to answer the question, I don’t think they have a conformance-like system because even after having been offloaded, I always made it through the BP scans.
salut0 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
Not sure if they do, but they are often quick to offload you at T4 when the computer thinks you won’t make the connection (even though can easily make it to the gate before boarding finished). Haven’t figured out how to prevent this yet.
It’s not a connection — it’s a one way MAD-LIS. Does that make a difference?

Very annoyingly, the Iberia app (and Flighty) just show gate as HJK which isn’t very specific

edited to add: made it, before they actually even started boarding — even with a BA Bronze companion on a separate PNR though Fast Track security, and even though the flight was going from gate K82 which seems like miles from the security checkpoint. Why does MAD T4 seem to have never ending marble floors and widely spaced gates but seemingly few moving walkways to make the journey quicker? Made things feel very stressful.

Last edited by salut0; Feb 21, 2024 at 2:29 pm
Old Feb 21, 2024, 3:43 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Conformance is very much a LHR T5 thing, I don't think it exists anywhere else in Europe.

After all, it's possible to enter airside without ever going through security or any kind of BP check at MAD if you're arriving on another flight (which may be on a separate reservation) from Schengen or other secure destination.
salut0 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:00 pm

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Good that MAD does not have conformance as otherwise after being offloaded, one wouldn't be able to get to the gate and then have proof of being at the gate in order to get EU261 denial of boarding comp, especially if inbound flight to MAD is not an EU carrier so can't ge delay comp.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29664936-post14.html
Ironic that red tape Spain would let an offloaded pax 'have a go' but LHR wouldn't (or at the mercy of BP scanning staff)
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:11 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
My record is that I was still parking my car when boarding began. Still made the flight.
salut0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.