Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Carry-on only for short connection at LIS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

I have a flight from the US to London with a layover in Lisbon, and the connection is only 1 hour and 30 minutes. Both flights are J class.
I know this question has been asked a lot, but it seems there are quite a few flights with really tight connections at LIS so it may not be an exception. I just want to hear about everyone's experiences.

Since there are 3-4 flights from Lisbon to the UK later in the day, I think I should be able to catch another flight if I miss the connection.

However, I'm worried that my luggage might not make it to the second flight and could arrive the day after. I'm leaving London the day after my arrival and need my luggage with me. I'm tempted to just bring a carry-on, but my carry-on might be too big to fit into the cabin (it's a longer trip, so I need more stuff than what a small carry-on can hold).

Any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 19, 2024, 7:33 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
90 mins is fine. Luggage should also be fine, but if you absolutely need it with you, pack it in your carry-on.

The connection itself is painless - you arrive, go through security and back into the international departure area (no need to go through passport control). TP has a new non-Schengen lounge that you can use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.